p6 REVIEW - My First Larri - OO-09

Started by rpm60912, November 14, 2008, 11:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dear Friends @ Larrivee Forum - really feels more like 'family' here  :thumbsup

As soon as the store in Ohio receives the funds I sent today, my very first Larrivee - it's an OO-09, will travel northwest to Alberta, Canada.
Hopefully, all will go smoothly.

I'm soooo excited  :roll :nanadance Thanks for all the advice & feedback, which helped me a lot in making this big decision! ricky :wave

G'day from Aust, 'CONGRATS', I know how you feel man, It's a awesome feelin'. Enjoy.
Cheers
Fongie :thumb :thumb :thumb

G'day from Aust, 'CONGRATS', I know how you feel man, It's a awesome feelin'. Enjoy.

Thanks fongie...  I hope to post pictures as soon as it's here. ricky  :smile:

Of all the folk I have sen posting on here since I joined in June/Julyish, you have to be the most excited about getting your new guitar.  I look forward to the pics.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Congrats! Doesn't the waiting just KILL you?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: BenF on November 15, 2008, 04:44:12 AM
Of all the folk I have sen posting on here since I joined in June/Julyish, you have to be the most excited about getting your new guitar.  I look forward to the pics.
Ben this is the exact time you signed up, July 28, 2008, 03:25:10 PM.
   And I remember your excitement as well. And then it wasn't long before you had two Larri's. :winkin:

Ricky, I hope you enjoy your 00 as much as I enjoy mine.

Ben, Holly & Danny,

I remember asking and receiving valuable pieces of advice == for me to make this important decision. The good people of this Forum have definitely influenced and were instrumental in my decision.

While I'm excited about the OO-09 - I hope I would be forgiven if I'm still secretly thinking about NOT ONE but 2 OMs - an OM-03R and OMV-09.

I do hope and looking forward to enjoying and playing the OO - as my 'go-to' all-around guitar.

Excited? I've been breathing, dreaming, eating, sleeping, thinking Larrivees since joining this Forum!  :roll ricky Thanks for the well-wishes! :wave :donut

Congratulations on the   :nice guitar:
Don and Marty are great to work with.
Just remember when it comes to let it sit in the case plenty long enough, this time of year can be tough on a guitar during shipping.
:wave
:coffee  :donut2
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 14, 2008, 11:45:42 PM

As soon as the store in Ohio receives the funds I sent today, my very first Larrivee - it's an OO-09, will travel northwest to Alberta, Canada.

I'm soooo excited  :roll :nanadance Thanks for all the advice & feedback, which helped me a lot in making this big decision! ricky :wave

If this Larrivee lives up to your expectations, I don't see you ever letting it go!  :smile:

Hope the transaction goes smoothly and the OO-09 makes it safely to cold country. Take good care of it, and enjoy making music.

Looking forward to a full review and pics!

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: Broadus on November 16, 2008, 02:20:15 PM
If this Larrivee lives up to your expectations, I don't see you ever letting it go!  :smile:

Hope the transaction goes smoothly and the OO-09 makes it safely to cold country. Take good care of it, and enjoy making music.

Looking forward to a full review and pics!

Bill

Bill - I sure hope it lives up to expectations. I also hope to be one of the fortunate OO owners who just love (and will probably never part with) their guitar. Thanks to this Forum - the community atmosphere and exchange of opinions, thoughts and experiences - make me want to play all my guitars as much as I enjoy being IN this Forum. Come to Papa OO-09  :guitar - less looking and more playing -  :nana_guitar ricky  :donut :donut2 :coffee

It's on the way to Canada!!!  :nanadance Yeepee!!! ricky  :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut2

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 21, 2008, 03:33:30 PM
It's on the way to Canada!!!  :nanadance Yeepee!!! ricky  :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut2

Good for you. I'll be interested in your comparison of the Larrivee's playability for fingerstyle compared with your Ami. I had an Ami but the string spacing was a little tighter than I wanted.

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

ABOUT TIME                             
                                                                            :roll

Quote from: dependan on November 21, 2008, 04:41:46 PM
                                                       ABOUT TIME                             
                                                                            :roll

True that !!! If you were within driving distance, I'd have driven to where you were and asked to play your Maple OO.

ricky  :smile:

My friend Matthew just dropped by to pick up his Lakewood D-1 that I had "tuned up" for him. While he was here he played my 00-09FM, he is a very good player, his reaction was "This is a very good guitar". I said Yea, I know :bgrin:
                     I also told him how they were not being made and they were rare, in fact I have not seen another 00-09FM owner yet. But I did mention that you had just bought the last new 00-09 left in North America , that we know of. Maybe we could find out how many have been made. The P-09's seem to be plentiful the 00-50's are rare but you do see them. The 00-60 seems to be a bit rare also.
                     At any rate it is ABOUT TIME, for you to post a picture of yours!

I can post the pics that the store emailed me. But I suppose, folks would like to see the pics I have taken myself.

BTW - you're pretty blessed to have snapped up the OO-09FM when it became available. Even Norman was impressed with its sound.

Well, it would be great if I receive the git b4 Thanksgiving.

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 14, 2008, 11:45:42 PM

Well good for you, and congrats  :cheers - I mail Don and Marty regularly, and I saw the pending deal on that guitar. It will become more and more sought after. Enjoy her!!!!
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Best of luck!!I do hope you enjoy your new guitar,and I do have a question.....I've been interested in something like a nice 00 sized guitar.I've not seen any on the Larrivee web-site.Unless I am missing something,how can someone like me,look into the matter?I've played,and like the Parlor model,but don't believe it to be a true 00 sized guitar-:)

Good luck

Quote from: magictwanger on November 24, 2008, 10:00:32 PM
Best of luck!!I do hope you enjoy your new guitar,and I do have a question.....I've been interested in something like a nice 00 sized guitar.I've not seen any on the Larrivee web-site.Unless I am missing something,how can someone like me,look into the matter?I've played,and like the Parlor model,but don't believe it to be a true 00 sized guitar-:)

Good luck
They are not being made at this time. Only a few come up for sale and when they are priced right, they go fast. I had only played one for a short time before I jumped on mine the day it came up for sale. I like it.
                                                             Danny