Martin medium body size, short scale advice/thoughts?

Started by flatlander, October 27, 2019, 03:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: fongie on November 12, 2019, 12:25:16 AM
2014 + Martin 000-18..........money well spent.
That looks right. See where I can get one the cheapest.  I already bought a Tele today. :)
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

2 years ago I got a Breedlove Oregon Concert Bourbon and still love it.  Myrtlewood back, sides, and top.  The body size is basically an OM, but if you check Breedlove's website they have descriptions of why their sizes are what they are and their build process.  The constructoin of the guitar is impeccable - equal to our Larrivees.  Taylor has also done some limited edition guitars with Myrtlewood. 

Chas.

Thanks everyone. Good advice. I have a 000-18 on the way and at a great price. Excited.  :nana_guitar

Quote from: flatlander on December 06, 2019, 11:03:55 AM
Thanks everyone. Good advice. I have a 000-18 on the way and at a great price. Excited.  :nana_guitar
I think you are going to be very happy with it, based on my own short experience with the 000-17, which I liked a lot.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: flatlander on December 06, 2019, 11:03:55 AM

Sweet.........Congrats!! Can't wait to see some pics. Mine is a 2014, wonderful guitar.

Quote from: fongie on December 06, 2019, 10:25:47 PM
Sweet.........Congrats!! Can't wait to see some pics. Mine is a 2014, wonderful guitar.
I'll post some pics when it gets in. I had them hold it and not ship until Monday because of cold weather in PA over weekend. I didn't want it freezing. In the meantime I've been rockin like a teen with new Tele. :)

Quote from: ryler on December 09, 2019, 06:40:30 PM
Good on you, Matt!  Very happy for you.
Thanks! I need to figure out what to sell now. I bought a Tele last week. :) I'll evaluate what I might sell after I play this Martin. Larrivee 000-60 sounds incredible for certain things but I don't play it much. Usually just to record bare finger stuff for which it's wonderful. Uh. it sounds great. One of the Nationals, the steel NRP? Super incredible! But I play it rarely. Usually play the Spider Bridge reso. The Larrivee dreadnaught? Love it for acoustic jams but bothers my right aging shoulder as of late and I posted it here before with no interest. Perhaps because it's custom with Italian moon wood spruce, 1 3/4 nut, headstock inlaw. Can't sell it for the same price as off the shelf D-40.  Things to ponder. But first things first. Short scale Martin 000-18 tomorrow! 

Quote from: flatlander on December 08, 2019, 08:46:39 PM
I'll post some pics when it gets in. I had them hold it and not ship until Monday because of cold weather in PA over weekend. I didn't want it freezing. In the meantime I've been rockin like a teen with new Tele. :)

Nice, looking forward to it. By the way, I use Martin Retros 12 on mine, in case you want to try those strings.

Quote from: flatlander on December 10, 2019, 07:12:23 PM

Short scale Martin 000-18 tomorrow! 

Awesome! Pics and full report when you get a chance. One of these is on my wish list... (mostly because of the short scale).
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992