Got Dogs......?

Started by es-335, December 21, 2008, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on October 28, 2010, 02:11:43 PM
You must know what a relief this is and how great we all feel right now. This is better than ten custom made guitars.  
Thank you Lord. :thumbsup

I am happy with you, and grateful that something good came your way after your recent hardships.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Hooray !!!!!
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Danny, I could not be any happier for you and Bonnie.  :nanadance
And, of course, Zoe.  I'm sure she missed her family.   I'll bet that was a tearful homecoming.   This has brightened up my day.    :thumb

T the P

Quote from: GeeNorm on October 28, 2010, 02:55:53 PM
I am happy with you, and grateful that something good came your way after your recent hardships.

Norman
The crazy thing is our grand daughters little chihuahua died on Tuesday. I buried her out back as I was missing our own chihuahua.
     These have been a few dismal weeks. But this is like sunshine after the storm.

Thanks again for all the posts and I'm glad to have a "good report" this time.

Here is one pic I just took. She is dozing off but opened her eyes for a second. The other pic is from a month ago and gives a better Idea of how small she is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Danny,

I don't normally follow this thread because my bizarre lifestyle doesn't permit having dogs. Perhaps in quieter days I will have one or two.

It sounds like it has been a really rough month for you and I wish you and your family well.

I am glad for you, Bonnie, and Zoe.

ST

PS (mini rant... "But the parents finally convinced her." I don't understand why parents have to convince children to do the right thing. Sure, it's a learning/teaching opportunity, but I don't think this was a situation that should have been open to negotiation. I think that the parents could have modelled the correct behaviour and let the child learn from that).  

Please - don't let this little comment from me derail the thread or distract from the joy of sharing about dogs.

Here are some dogs I encountered on my hike of the East Coast Trail (Newfoundland) last month:

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

Another really friendly  girl:

And another...

I didn't know this thread existed untill now, and I haven't the time to read all 15 pages, so I'm a bit behind. (I've been called worse  :winkin: )

This is Buck Trails and he likes to sing along. He's the tenor.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

I guess my wife and I are suckers for abandoned and homeless dogs.      We started with one pug and soon rescued two more who were not wanted by their owners.     First picture shows Tuffy, Daisy and Maddy;  the pugs

Then we rescued Bella, a very nice little Boston Terrier
Then came Buster the Boxer
Then my wife came home from a visit at her parents farm and brought back an abandoned little mixed breed who was pregnant.    A month later we had 5 little male puppies on our hands.   We've adopted out all but one of the pups.  We kept Bosco 'cause I just couldn't give him up.  We also kept the mom.   One of the pugs died last year.  She was 14 years old and we are still grieving over Daisy.   Buster found a permanent home with a friend.    My daughter has Bella now.   My other daughter took one of the pups and bribed one of her students with the promise of an "A" in English if she'd take a couple of the other puppies. (or so she says, the student was a straight A student anyhow)  A co-worker of mine took the last of the pups, thankfully.   We seem to have a revolving doggie door around here.

Here's the gang

And finally, one more pic

I forgot about this thread!  Bosco looks like a cool little guy, I didn't realize you had so many dogs Lynn.  I thought it was just the pugs.

broKen,

Buck Trails looks like he knows what he's doing, you 'cats' should start a band.  Maybe the Acoustic Dogs for a name.  :wink:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Today Filly the Puppy is 8 months old. 61 pounds

Here she is with her friend and mentor Strength

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Randy they are fine looking dogs. Filly looks like an offspring of my dog Gump for sure.

My G-son and I picked up this stray Beagle after a meeting on Sunday as we were driving home. He really wants to keep her and named her Shiloh. We gave her a bath and she fits right in our home. ( she loves the couch) I put up postings in Lost and Found and Pets on Craigslist. No collar at all and she looks like she may have just had a litter. Fireworks are a big cause of animal loss and I imagine that is when she ran away from home.

I'll take her to the animal shelter to see if the owners try and find her there next. Meanwhile she is at home and we enjoy her pleasant company.

How about a 170# "Lapdog"?  This is Festus, our 3 year old Great Dane on my lap....(I'm 6'4".... :wacko:)

RW Skaggs, the tinman:

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart   Guitar" SJ; Osage Orange; Master Grade Italian Spruce; Inlay by Jimi Wingert   :D
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar + Italian double top
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl
Seagull Parlor in Nashville high tuning

Beautiful dogs.  Winston likes to play with dogs like Festus at the dog park, he likes to stand up and put his paws on their shoulders. Here's a couple pictures of him from last summer.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: rwskaggs on January 04, 2011, 12:50:20 PM
How about a 170# "Lapdog"?  This is Festus, our 3 year old Great Dane on my lap....(I'm 6'4".... :wacko:)

Yikes!  That's amazing.
Larrivee 00-40R

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 04, 2011, 04:31:25 PM
Beautiful dogs.  Winston likes to play with dogs like Festus at the dog park, he likes to stand up and put his paws on their shoulders. Here's a couple pictures of him from last summer.

My dog likes to do that too.  It doesn't make any difference what size the dog is.  He just likes to play.

Those are amazing pictures -- very clear, sharp, and colorful.  What kind of camera did you use?

WileE
Larrivee 00-40R

Here is Tommy, my Miniature Schnauzer.