Koa on a Larrivee Schaller tuner

Started by Wrangler, April 09, 2010, 06:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a Mini M6 Schaller tuner or standard size Schaller M6 tuner with a Mini Schaller size Koa button?

This would look great on a Hog Larrivee

That looks to me like a standard Ping M6 knock off with a fine button on it.  The offset of the screw hole suggests that it is a standard sized one.
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

The Mini Schaller M-6 has a straight mounting hole, thus that tuner is not a Schaller mini.

It could be a full size Ping,  Schaller style Gotoh, or Schaler.

Thanks for the info. I may get a set for my guitar.

Looks like a full size Ping tuner to me, as far as I know if it has the Larrivee logo printed on it it is a Ping. Schaller tuners have a "S" printed on the back.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Manufactorers will stamp a name on anything they make as long as your willing to pay for it.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Looks like a Ping. Hard to find buttons for them, unless custom made? Would look nice. Any more info on them other than a pic? I have some Italian olivewood handmade buttons, but fit Gotoh 510s. If I could find buttons that look like your pic, & that fit Pings, I'm there.
  Good luck finding those buttons though. Just can't seem to be able to find buttons for Pings, esp. exotic ones?
  And Rob is right. The only tuners I've seen with Larrivee on them are Pings. Schallers have the "S", as Larry said. Gotohs say "Gotoh" on them. And so on. Pings. Larrivee has been stamping Pings for years now.
    Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Standard size Ping

Mini Ping, notice mounting hole difference and the worm gear shaft that the button attatches to is shorter (does not protrude as far from the side of the paddle head)
Roger

My Mini-pings have a bit longer shaft, (possibly a photo illusion?)  but again the minis have a straight not angled mounting screw.

The dreaded Mini-Pings:

Mark, you have enough tuners for two guitars there.
Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on April 11, 2010, 11:43:35 PM
Mark, you have enough tuners for two guitars there.

And to tune it takes as long as three guitars.   :laughin:

Does these buttons only good for Gotohs and not fit in the Larrivee standard tuners?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Larrivee, I'm lovin' it!"