Started by rpm60912, November 14, 2008, 11:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

She is a beauty!!

It's interesting it doesn't have a slotted headstock though
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on December 03, 2008, 10:37:38 PM
She is a beauty!!
Jeff... I believe the OO-50 and OO-60 have the slotted headstock. At this point, I'm a paddle head guy. The slotted gives a git the classic look, but for my purpose
which is playing with others in church setting... it may be too fragile to take a hit a knock here and there... not that I'm looking for accidents.

ricky  :smile:

Ricky, very nice RW, nice lines and colors in the back. From the front it looks just like mine.
You do have the upgraded case also. Mine is not that nice (not an archtop) but it's fine
Quote from: es-335 on December 03, 2008, 10:37:38 PM
She is a beauty!!

The 00-50 has a slot and the 00-09 has a paddle peghead.

It would be nice to see the sides also when you get a chance? You got a keeper :thumbsup

ah ha! gotcha! thanks guys
Jeffrey

Ricky--

That's definately a keeper!  You done good brother, and don't turn me in to your English teacher.

DAVE
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: dependan on December 03, 2008, 10:50:14 PM
   It would be nice to see the sides also when you get a chance? You got a keeper :thumbsup

Shall do the sides too... thanks for offering to post my pics Danny.
After several attempts, I finally figured out how... and somehow the images met the size criteria for posting.

Still have her in my arms as I type... delicious smell of rosewood... or is that the spring rolls my wife is frying?  :doh

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 03, 2008, 11:03:28 PM
Shall do the sides too... thanks for offering to post my pics Danny.
After several attempts, I finally figured out how... and somehow the images met the size criteria for posting.

Still have her in my arms as I type... delicious smell of rosewood... or is that the spring rolls my wife is frying?  :doh

ricky
Put four pics in the Picture forum and it helps to be considered for the GOTM. Of course in my case it would help if I could take decent pictures. There is a link that takes you to all the previous GOTM. The only small git I remember is Ponte's P-09FM. (It's the little bro. to mine) If you look at Ponte's pics you can see how he used settings to give a fantastic overall visual impact. As Steve, one of the Global Moderators said , don't just lay it on a bedspread.
                We get some grief from some "trolls" sometimes about taking pics of our guitars with flowers. But who cares.
   Somebody always wants to stop the fun if they aren't having any :laughin:
                 You could start another thread there with the "flowery pics" and tell the story of how long and how far this little git traveled.                                   Good Nite Bro, enjoy  :guitar

That is a lovely looking guitar Ricky -certainly worth the wait.  That smell is addictive is it not.  I still open my D-09 with my nose to the case every time!!  I just hope I don't have to sell it to make way for the Forum Guitar :crying:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 03, 2008, 10:30:59 PM
Here's the face... with a PG for a strummer like moi  :nana_guitar

... resting in the arch top case w bill of sale from Wildwood Music in Coshocton, Ohio

Thanks Don & Marty for a warm, friendly service... you have a few more delicious ones I wouldn't mind having... but I'll let other Forumites enjoy 'em.

For now, contented... until the next GAS attack

ricky

:nice guitar: Well Ricky, you kept us in suspense for a while, and judging by the photo and your post sharing its arrival, it must be a remarkable specimen. I'm soooo glad for you, and wish you all the joy   :nanadance :nanadance possible with it. Blessings,  :donut :donut
Zohn
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Ricky,

I actually feel relief that your long-awaited guitar is in your home and in good health.  Congratulations.  I am so excited for you.

Congrats Ricky...sweet looking guitar.  Many happy years of picking and grinning!   :nice guitar:

Thanks Y'all.

If anyone is still following this, Danny & Ben encouraged me to post pics and tell the story of this little guiitars long journey.

It's in the Pictures section "OO Canada The Long Journey Worth the Wait".

ricky Enjoy!  :donut :coffee :donut :donut2 :donut

Ricky,

Just had to send my congrats to you too. She really is lovely.  :nice guitar:

As you and I are both somewhat in the same boat, that is Taylor owners...converting to Larrivee, I must say that in my case, owning Holly is really exciting.

Enjoy and I hate to tell you, this will not kill your case of GAS!!!!! :tongue:

Happy playing,

Lynda
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on December 04, 2008, 05:58:07 PM
Just had to send my congrats to you too. She really is lovely.  :nice guitar:
As you and I are both somewhat in the same boat, that is Taylor owners...converting to Larrivee, I must say that in my case, owning Holly is really exciting.
Enjoy and I hate to tell you, this will not kill your case of GAS!!!!! :tongue:
Happy playing,

Lynda

Before you made this post, I thought of adding the following this morning...

On the drive home to the office, I thought to myself I have every reason to be down (not really), but that's what I've been feeling since 2003 still in Vancouver.
Now in Edmonton, I really don't like the winter.

For those who are not familiar, Vancouver BC has got  the mildest winters in Canada - just rain and hardly snows - kinda like Seattle, only rainier.
The snow fell to stay on the day before the OO arrived. Winter is here. Even my old car refuses to start... but she goes!

I brought the git to work for pics. It occurred to me that I'm not feeling down. I've got the best & worst job in the world (but I'm not allowed to talk about that here).
I'm not feeling down because...

I'm so infatuated (but no, it will be 2 years this Dec 26 since I bought the Seagull - my first), I'm so fixated about acoustic guitars.
I already told you guys I used to be a car guy. Still am. Got hooked to acoustic drums, bongos, congas, piano, keyboards.
Even though I like European cars and all these other hobbies, I never ever stayed up at night or had any restless sleep over them.

But these acoustic guitars...
especially the combination of "affordable" yet good quality & great sounding Larrivees and the unpaid real people advertisement courtesy of this Funny Farm-ily...
I have gone guitar... Larrivee crazy  :wacko:   That's why I'm not down.

I have this newfound passion for tree & metal products that are organized & shaped into this curvy (read "sexy") really attractive thing that makes sweet music.

I rediscovered my reason to live. That's why I get up everyday and still do what I love doing.

Then, this Forum Family is a delightful community... to meet & make new friends... share ideas... rib each other... and it's safe and we're never allowed to get nasty.

I'm rambling and digressing... that's why I'm not down.    Work is fulfilling. Family is challenged but loving. Guitars are wonderful toys.

I asked myself:   
if plastic guitars for 5-25 bucks can produce the same Larrivee sound, will we still spend thousands on wood & steel? I'd say Yes, if only for the smell of it.

That's my post of the day!

ricky (gotta go to my 7pm meeting 1 hour early... so I get to hug my OO-baNada (that's not it's name) - just being  :arrow silly.

"I brought the git to work for pics. It occurred to me that I'm not feeling down. I've got the best & worst job in the world (but I'm not allowed to talk about that here)."
        UH.... Who told you that?  Whatever your job is...Preacher or Sinner we are all in the same place here. Don't let some silly "law" hold you bound to some invisible focefield that really does not exist. It's clear to me you are a believer in Christ and if you are a Minister it's who you are and that's fine by me.
         Maybe I'm off base but ...folks are folks... Ricky you are one of the people who makes a positive effort to shine every chance you can. I for one appreciate the Light.
           Not that the shadows are not interesting.... Where the heck is Duck anyway? He's gonna miss a good forum git.

Ricky
That is one sweet looking guitar. Best of luck!
Hope it is all you wished it would be.
oz
oz
Atlanta, GA.

Larrivee LSV-11
Blueridge BR-1060 Carter Stanley
Hagstrom O102S Cedar/Hog OM

Quote from: dependan on December 04, 2008, 07:15:31 PM
"I brought the git to work for pics. It occurred to me that I'm not feeling down. I've got the best & worst job in the world (but I'm not allowed to talk about that here)."
        UH.... Who told you that?  Whatever your job is...Preacher or Sinner we are all in the same place here. Don't let some silly "law" hold you bound to some invisible focefield that really does not exist. It's clear to me you are a believer in Christ and if you are a Minister it's who you are and that's fine by me.
         Maybe I'm off base but ...folks are folks... Ricky you are one of the people who makes a positive effort to shine every chance you can. I for one appreciate the Light.
           Not that the shadows are not interesting.... Where the heck is Duck anyway? He's gonna miss a good forum git.

What! Ministers are allowed on this forum?  :whistling:

Ricky---congrats on that beauty.  :nice guitar: Pics are one thing, but I'd love to see it up close. You need to take a little drive to upstate South Carolina. The temp's supposed to turn cold tomorrow with the high in the upper 40's.  :wink:

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: Broadus on December 04, 2008, 09:02:26 PM

You need to take a little drive to upstate South Carolina. The temp's supposed to turn cold tomorrow with the high in the upper 40's.  :wink:

Yeah! And you can stop and show it off in Raleigh on the way. After we play your new guitar we can go to a hockey game...the arena is just down the street from my house.

Didja ever see our hockey team?

:roll
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Here am I ... late to the party. Happens a lot with me.  :humour:

This really is an occasion for shared joy. Seems to me good brother Ricky ought to qualify for GOTM just through the number of people he has allowed to share his untarnished anticipation and joy.

Since he's going to be staying up a lot of late nights playing this lovely little guitar I figure I'll send along a few extra coffees.

:coffee :coffee :coffee

Congratulations and warm regards,
Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}