Guster....anyone???

Started by sc morris, May 04, 2004, 07:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I really like these guys. I've only been aware of them for about the past two years. Since then, I've gotten all of their stuff, with the exception of "Goldfly". For some reason, I just haven't picked it up yet....I'm sure it's good though. I just got "Keep It Together" a couple of days ago and I can't quit listening to it.

Guster is a breath of fresh air in an industry overrun by mediocre, uninspired artists IMO. They write really good, catchy songs....and best of all, they're mostly acoustic guitar driven.

Any fans???  
"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western

I've been a Guster fan for a while.  The new album is probably my favorite, but all of them are good.  They have a DVD coming out soon that should be intertaining...

Zach

The Guster's are great.  I like Keep It Together a lot, but am more partial to Lost and Gone Forever.  The arrangements seem tighter and more integrated on that album, likely due to Steve Lillywhite's hand in producing.

Their website is hilarious.  Like haha funny.

haha
L-01
Trailer Records

Their website is hilarious, especially the road journal.

Zach

I just looked at the web site. The road journal is really funny and well written too
Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus

I saw Guster on Austin City Limits (which comes on here in Detroit way too late at night usually).

I didn't catch the name of the band when they started up - but man, what pop songcraft.  I stayed up way too late, but the songs kept me glued to the TV.  Finally, they gave the band name at the end and I could go buy their CD.

Vocal harmonies were great and completely in tune, dare I say, Beatle-esque.  Guitar playing was pretty good, drummer plays with his hands, not sticks.  Just real interesting pop/americana music.

I now have Keep it Together.  Favorite Songs are Homecoming King and Amsterdam.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud