Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace Feedback [Read This in its Entirety Before Posting in This Thread]  (Read 14508 times)
Queequeg
Admin

« on: May 16, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »

The purpose of the Marketplace Feedback thread is to allow for commentary on your experience as it relates to a transaction with a buyer or seller in the For Sale or For Trade boards.
This was suggested by a long-time member, as an alternative to posting within a given thread wherein an item is up for sale or trade. The trouble with that is many-fold, but among other things, it bumps a For Sale or For Trade up to the top at the expense of someone else's item.

Use the member's name (username) as the subject and in the body of the message.
People looking for information can SEARCH on that name and find all the comments on transactions for a particular buyer, seller or trader.
1. Marketplace Feedback is intended for posting your personal DIRECT experiences with sellers and buyers doing business in the Larrivee Forum Please don't post on third party experiences.
If it wasn't your instrument or your money, it didn't happen.

2. Be polite and civil in all communication in this thread as elsewhere on the Larrivee Forum. The same rules apply here. Posts which don't adhere to the rules will be deleted without notice or warning.

3. Please don't use this thread for Dealer Feedback.

4. One post - One reply. The first person leaves feedback, the other party has an opportunity to respond.  Each one and only once.

5. No ad hominem* remarks. Keep your post fact-based. Keep your post brief, and to the point on the transaction, not the individual.

(This is a test. We'll try this out for a while. If it becomes too time-consuming to moderate, we'll pull it down.)

* "Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to invalidate their argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensible character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions." [Wikipedia]
Maybe not the best explanation or definition, but it works for our purposes.
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »

... Bought my L-03 Blackwood from him.  Great to deal with. Great packing, and as honest as you will find anywhere.

You will find no one better to deal with.....

Thanks Kdonavan,  Still play 'Pluck' daily.

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:49:39 PM »

I bought a Loreiente Clarita nylon stringed guitar form Todd Hunt (aka fitness1). Great guy to deal with. He pointed out the most minute imperfections in the guitar before the sale. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again. AAA+ trader.

Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »

I bought a P-05MT from Roger. This was a very happy transaction. Guitar was exactly as he had described. I love this guitar, and I wouldn't ever hesitate to do a deal with Roger again. Stand-up guy.
AAA+

L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:29:49 AM »

(just discovered this thread so my post is a bit after the fact)
I purchased a used Gretch Pro-Jet with Bigsby customized with P90's from Rob.  The guitar was exactly as described, packed well, and shipped promptly.  Rob even asked me what guage of strings I wanted, then setup the guitar to my preference and installed a new set of strings on it before shipping.  The original pickups, carefully wrapped, were also included in the deal, so I now have some nice Gretch-style humbuckers to experiment with in other projects.  I play rythym in a cover band, and since I got the guitar in early July, it's basically the only one I use for the tunes we play except for the ones I use acoustic on.  It really shines on "British Invasion" tunes we cover.  The rest of the band really like the sound of it on our songs and it's a nice contrast to the strat that our lead player uses.  I am very happy with the guitar and the transaction.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 05:37:37 AM »

Kurt Thanks,hows it going over with the band?Be careful it likes to play LOTS of Neil Young!!! bigrin

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:15:12 AM »

Mark, thanks for "trying" to keep our little forum civil. Though it seems that CIVIL wars are what has been developing lately, and in high places as well. blush

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Tuba Mike

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »

Just purchased an OM-50 from "gtrplayer" (Dennis) and I could not recommend in higher.  Everything he said about the instrument was spot on, he was helpful and knowledgable, shipped the item safe and secure, etc.  The guitar was beautiful.  THis was my first purchase on any forum and I was a bit nervous but I have to tell you that I would not hesitate to purchase from Dennis again.

Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 08:42:38 PM »

Just purchased an OM-50 from "gtrplayer" (Dennis) and I could not recommend in higher.  Everything he said about the instrument was spot on, he was helpful and knowledgable, shipped the item safe and secure, etc.  The guitar was beautiful.  THis was my first purchase on any forum and I was a bit nervous but I have to tell you that I would not hesitate to purchase from Dennis again.

Thanks Mike for your kind words and I'm glad you like the guitar.  It was a pleasure dealing with such a nice fellow guitar picker. 

gtrplayer aka Dennis
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 03:26:45 AM »

Just did a deal with Flatlander who really didn't sell me anything it was more of a trade he sent me a Baggs PARA and I sent him a piece of paper with my wife's name and the compamy name and address on with me sribbaling some words and numbers on it.OH ya I signed it to.What a great NOT-SELLER to deal with.Hey Matt did you get my paper yet???

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 03:48:39 AM »

Just did a deal with Flatlander who really didn't sell me anything it was more of a trade he sent me a Baggs PARA and I sent him a piece of paper with my wife's name and the compamy name and address on with me sribbaling some words and numbers on it.OH ya I signed it to.What a great NOT-SELLER to deal with.Hey Matt did you get my paper yet???
Paper scmpaper, yes. But I just want to get back to the panhandle and hang out, talk about guitars and jam.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Tuba Mike

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »

nice guitar

A used 00-50 just came up on Elderly's website at $2000.  Same guitar w/ a sunburst finish.  If you are looking for a 00, this is a great deal!  I purchased my 0M-50 from gtrplayer and it was everything he said it was.  If he says it is mint you can believe it.  He also packed and shipped it properly and was great to work with.  I wish I had the funds to add it to my OM-50.  It would be a nice compliment.  Whoever ends up with this will be very happy.

Also, the pictures do not do these guitars justice.  The OM-50 pictures looked similar to this but when I opened the case I was taken back.  The woods and finish are stunning!  The mahogany is rich and the maple binding is the perfect compliment to the spruce and mahogany.

Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

Hey Mike,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the OM-50.  It was a pleasure dealing with you and I'm glad the the guitar went to a good home.

The 00-50 is a reallly nice guitar and you're right about the pictures; photography has never been my strong suit.

Thanks so much for the kind words!

gtrplayer
flagstaffcharlie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 04:26:45 AM »

A beautiful guitar arrived at my house today. Thread link below: http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=40538.0

This was a smooth, easy transaction in every way. rwskaggs is a great guy to deal with, and the guitar is wonderful. I'm a happy camper right now.  

milocj

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 01:13:01 AM »

Bought an L03E Bubinga from forum member samagni and the transaction was excellent. He was honest, described the guitar and condition accurately, and shipped extremely fast. Great seller.
Thanks.
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »

rwskaggs is a fine person to deal with. Buy with confidence. The guitar I purchased from him is great.    

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
rwskaggs

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 09:45:45 PM »

rwskaggs is a fine person to deal with. Buy with confidence. The guitar I purchased from him is great.    

Thanks, Peter.  Now you need an all mahogany OM to match!

RW Skaggs, the tinman:

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart   Guitar" SJ; Osage Orange; Master Grade Italian Spruce; Inlay by Jimi Wingert   :D
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar + Italian double top
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl
Seagull Parlor in Nashville high tuning
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »

Endorsements are great, but please place them in Marketplace Feedback thread,; not with the item listed for sale.
Thanks.
rjmassaro

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »

For people that post on the For Sale forum.   Can you please say which city or State/Province you are from.  Helps us Canadians who have to take into consideration custom fees.  Larrivee may be a Canadian company....however, the lable says USA.  Saves on asking :)

Thanks in advance
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 12:54:33 AM »

For people that post on the For Sale forum.   Can you please say which city or State/Province you are from.  Helps us Canadians who have to take into consideration custom fees.  Larrivee may be a Canadian company....however, the lable says USA.  Saves on asking :)

Thanks in advance
There is no Custom Fees on a Larrivee to or from either Canada or USA. There is however a sales tax for Canadian Buyers and the amount depends on which Province the Guitar is shipped to.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: