Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee D-05  (Read 1252 times)
FrankF

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2004, 10:09:13 PM »

I have decided to part with my Larrivee D-05 after almost three years together. It is sad, but it has to happen. I recently acquired a used Santa Cruz OM, which has become my primary guitar. Due to my budget situation, something must leave in order for the Santa Cruz to stay.

You probably already know that the D-05 is an exceptional guitar. It has mahogany b/s, a honey-colored sitka top and beautiful maple binding. It has an ebony bridge and fret board, with ebony bridge pins. I have replaced the TUSQ nut and saddle with bone and added a strap pin in the heel. The guitar has no electronics. A local Martin repair shop set the action low enough for comfortable fingerstyle, but not so low that the volume is compromised.

My D-05 is one of the most versatile guitars I've ever played. Honestly, I can find no faults with it at all. It has a deep, rich tone and projects very well. I wish I could keep it, but the truth is I cannot justify having more than one nice guitar at this point in my life. Anyway, I would like to get $875 for it. I am located in the South Georgia/North Florida area. I have some pics for anyone interested. Thank you for looking.

Frank Funderburk
funderbf@flcourts.org
mjvincent

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 05:29:15 AM »

How bout trading for two guitars?   ;)  

Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights
FrankF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 08:41:50 AM »

Well, I'm trying to scale down the number of guitars I own, so I'm not really looking for a trade.  In truth, I think I've found my "grail" guitar with this Santa Cruz OM.  It just keeps sounding better every time I pick it up.  

I really do love the D-05, though.  I've spent alot of time with it over the last couple of years.  It's helped me to break through quite a few barriers.  Basically, it's been a great companion, but it has been sitting around virtually unplayed since the Santa Cruz arrived.  A guitar like the D-05 should be played.  It has alot of music in it.  Thanks for the inquiry.

Frank  
FrankF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 05:04:45 AM »

**BUMP**

The D-05 is still available for anyone interested.  Again, thanks for looking.

Frank
flaggerphil

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 03:00:02 PM »

Could you send me pics, please?  flaggerphil@earthlink.net

Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M
FrankF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 06:27:35 AM »

**Second BUMP**

The D-05 is still available for anyone interested. Again, thanks for looking.

Frank
MJG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 08:34:06 AM »

Frank:

Please send pics to mgoupil@rochester.rr.com.

THanks,
Mike

Mike <><
FrankF

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 09:56:37 AM »

Mike,

Just sent you an e-mail.  Thanks.

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: