Fishman Ellipse Blend, NOT a good choice for D03

Started by aaronjnoone, August 07, 2006, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi everyone,

I don't post much, but here's a good question. I recently got my hands on the Fishman Ellipse Blend mic unit, which you may know is available as an upgrade to the Matrix undersaddle pickup. I planned on installing it in my D 03 but the braces are too close to the soundhole and get in the way of the pickup housing.

Has anyone else run into this problem with Fishman Ellipse products? I think I tried every way of fitting it in there, and God knows I ain't cutting anything. I have my heart set on a mic/transducer blend, and though I'm willing to buy a whole new system, I'd like to use the peizo I already have along with a mic. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Aaron

Worth pointing out is that I have no experience mixing & matching sources and if there's a way of adding a mic without buying a whole new system I would be very grateful for the information.

shout 'Freebird' one more time. see what happens.

Aaron,

The problem you are describing is not something anybody gives a -CENSORED- about. Please go F yourself.

Hope this helps,

Aaron

Hey Aaron,
Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you. Sorry nobody could help you and I hope you find answers and the system that best fits your needs.

In Christ,

Dan
Dan

Hey man  I hope things work out for you. I can't help either, but I just wanted to say the reply to yourself is freaking hilarious! I know.. not much consolation.

I care, I care...

Wait, what's a fishman ellipse? :GRN>
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

I have the same setup in my breedlove, but I didn't install...so who knows what kind of business is going on under there...

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Oh, thanks guys.

I ended up buying an LR Baggs Dual source. It was cheaper than buying a new Fishman Blend system, and I didn't have to cut a hole for the preamp. It sounds great, though. Tonight's my first night using it live, so we'll see about feedback, but I can still get the feedback buster in the soundhole, so I should be fine. What a difference that internal mic makes, all the subtleties come alive with it. Beats the pants off a UST only setup.

Aaron

Addendum: Used the pickup live tonight, didn't even use my feedback buster, mic turned up all the way, awesome. Granted, not high volumes tonight, so the REAL test will be friday, but so far, I'm quite pleased.