Want Parlor, trade for square-neck resonator

Started by el guitana, October 19, 2005, 09:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I want a Larrivée parlor.

I would like to trade for a Paul Beard signature Gold Tone square-neck resonator guitar, set up by Beard.
Won't post all the specs, I figure if someone is interested I can send the specs & links.
If you know these, you know the specs and great reputation.

edit: This IS the actual dobro:

Hi El Guitana
Sorrry for changing the topic,but I am looking for a roundneck resonator and have been looking at goldtone and regal.Would you be so kind to tell me about goldtone in general.

I am much more impressed with the Gold Tone beard signature series than the Regals, though the rd52 Black Lightning seems to come close.

Paul Beard is a very well known reso builder, and he designed the ones Gold Tone builds for him. They ship to him where he puts in his own resonator cone, bone nut, and ebony capped maple bridge (possibly tuners also.

If you buy from Beard directly, then he sets it up himself.

I've played Regal (though not the black lightning), Liberty (with Quarternam cone), and Fender, and the Gold Tone Beard sounds best of them all.

If you buy from someone other than Beard, it may not be set up by him - so ask and be sure.

Good luck with it - this reso is excellent, but I'm just not putting the time into learning it.


Chris,
   Sent you an email this afternoon.

Pat
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Hi Pat - must have missed your e-mail in my daily spam flushing - sorry. Can you send again to cc407 at comcast dot net

adding pics in case that's what you asked - quick pics taken before work today - see first post also



Hey Chris.
   Send you another email...which said...

Which model is it, solid or laminated mahogany?  Bone nut and ebony tipped maple saddle?  Is there a case?  Any other goodies, like slide bar, books etc?  I remember you saying when you bought it, you got it directly from Beard as a blemish.  Any pics of the blemished area?

Thanks!
Pat
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

This is the Standard (PBS) laminated mahogany model. Personally I don't think solid woods in a reso are a big deal - it's the cone and soundwell that count.

Beard did the set up, including a Beard cone, ebony capped maple saddle, bone nut, Beard strings (and maybe tuners...can't remember)

The instrument appears darker than in the pics - the flash gave it a glow - and revealed the need for a good wipe-down!

As far as I can tell, the "blem" is a thin area in the finish (not the stain) on the back of the neck. I'll try to photograph it later, but I doubt it will show. At least, I think that's the blem - couldn't find anything else.

Extra set new GHS dobro strings, Stevens steel (slide) available - 2 Homespun tapes available.

The case I use belongs to another of my guitars, so I'm not anxious to sell it.

Powered by EzPortal