Sam Bush...i Know, I Know...mandolin!

Started by Fredmando, April 16, 2005, 06:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey, I know this is a mandolin player and this is a guitar forum, but here it goes.
Sam Bush made an appearance at First Quality Music in Louisville on Saturday and it was pretty awesome. The guy can really play. He didn't have his fiddle, darn!
Ok, the guitar connection came when I got to talk to the regional Gibson rep about the new Epiphone Masterbuilts. Pretty nifty stuff for the money. Dovetail neck joint! :o
--Fred

I've seen Sam several times -- he goes to Merlefest every year and plays lots of sets with lots of combinations of other musicians. I've also seen him live twice at Prarie Home Companion (and got to meet him backstage once). Sam always gives a good show -- in addition to being a first rate musician, he's a great entertainer (and has lots of good songs).

If you are really into Sam and can make it to Merlefest, I stongly recommend it.
Mark T

1985 Alhambra Classical
2004 Larrivee LV-03RE
1990 Guild B30E

Hey Fred,

It's alright...you can talk mandolins here.  After all, this is the "Larrivée Forum" and last time I heard, the Larrivée company is now a maker of fine mandolins (though I don't think they're commercially available yet).  :)

Oh, yeah, and I love Sam, too.
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami