New to forum

Started by Traikat, July 27, 2021, 07:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello everyone! I just purchased a Larrivee SD-40ME, without ever touching one to see and hear how one sounds. With that being said I did test drive an OM 40 mahogany and a D 40 mahogany and thought the sound was stellar. The beauty I picked up just happened to be special ordered by the shop I bought it from.  Might I say I am blown away. I think I have possibly played every Taylor, Martin, Breedlove, Gibson, Yamaha, Eastman and various other brands I could find in my area. Long story short I am a true believer in Larrivee's!!!
Was happy to see this forum devoted to Larrivee guitars.
Question: Do most of their guitars come with Medium gauge strings?
I just dabble and I'm good with that!
Larrivee SD-40ME Custom
Larrivee 000-40 Maple
Vintage Ovation

Hi, welcome and congratulations on your new guitar. We're going to need pics and ... donuts.    :donut

:welcome: Trailkat nice to have you aboard looking forward to hearing more about you and your new guitar. The SD's are nice indeed!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Congrats.! I've only played one SD - in NYC and was Braz Rosewood! Does yours have the slotted headstock? I'm not sure what Larrivees ship with stringwise but they definitely can handle Med strings if that's your question...

I believe the SD's would still ship with Mediums. Other Larrivees now ship with Lights - but a few years ago, almost all Larrivees shipped with Mediums, which their guitars can handle, no problem.

As others have said - waiting for pics!

And  :welcome:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I had an SD-50 and it rang like a piano.  Congrats and welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote from: noyage on July 27, 2021, 09:10:24 PM
Congrats.! I've only played one SD - in NYC and was Braz Rosewood! Does yours have the slotted headstock? I'm not sure what Larrivees ship with stringwise but they definitely can handle Med strings if that's your question]

Yes it does!!!  :bgrin:
Larrivee SD-40ME Custom
Larrivee 000-40 Maple
Vintage Ovation

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 27, 2021, 07:55:02 PM
Hi, welcome and congratulations on your new guitar. We're going to need pics and ... donuts.    :donut

As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures to this site, I will definitely post!!!
Larrivee SD-40ME Custom
Larrivee 000-40 Maple
Vintage Ovation

Quote from: Traikat on July 29, 2021, 07:07:12 AM
Quote from: ducktrapper on July 27, 2021, 07:55:02 PM

As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures to this site, I will definitely post!!!

Cool. We look forward to it. You need to figure out the donut thing too. Hint? It's in the forum rules.   :donut :donut2 :coffee

Quote from: Traikat on July 29, 2021, 07:07:12 AM

Posting Pictures
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

:donut :donut2 Ok donuts for all!!!   lol
Ok sorry had to use shop photos. Here is my new baby!!!
Larrivee SD-40ME Custom
Larrivee 000-40 Maple
Vintage Ovation

Really nice photos.

You have definitely gained entry to the "Show Stopper" club with this guitar and welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new Larrivee.

Welcome to the forum.  It's great to have new members.  That is a beautiful guitar!

Sweet guitar!  Welcome to the forum!
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Welcome and wow! Beautiful guitar, way to make an extrance!
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Thanks everyone!!! Truthfully I was just looking for a mahogany and stumbled across this one! I lucked out and sold my Martin right away and snagged this one as quick as I could. :wink:
Larrivee SD-40ME Custom
Larrivee 000-40 Maple
Vintage Ovation

Welcome! And congrats on that gorgeous guitar!  :donut :donut2 :coffee :cheers
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Beautiful guitar in so many ways! Love that slotted headstock and the inlay! Welcome and enjoy!
:donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :cheers
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)