Serial Number Entry form and Spreadsheet

Started by ST, January 03, 2010, 12:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,

Someone entered
Serial Number 26113   
Date  1/1/1980

Everything else was entered "Unknown" or left blank.

This number looks like the late 1990s than 1980.

Is the person who entered this out there? Maybe we can figure this one out with a few more details.

Here is a link:

Larrivée Serial Numbers

...there are some more RS-4 (RS4) owners here who haven't registered their electrics on the serial number sight yet, including a couple who have posted in this forum (ducktrapper and JOYCEfromNS)...

...just sayin'

:rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: ST on January 14, 2010, 11:37:10 AM
Hi,

Someone entered
Serial Number 26113   
Date  1/1/1980

Is the person who entered this out there? Maybe we can figure this one out with a few more details.

Here is a link:

Larrivée Serial Numbers
If it was me, I'd remove it. It is obviously not even in the ball park on time frame and the lack of any other info makes it useless at best.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Thanks flatlander,

Quote from: flatlander on January 14, 2010, 09:18:00 PM
If it was me, I'd remove it. It is obviously not even in the ball park on time frame and the lack of any other info makes it useless at best.

Makes sense to me. The owner can always input the information again with more details at any time.

Larrivée Serial Numbers

So am I the only person with 4 digit -03 series guitars.  Just seems kind of odd.

:+1: I added my info thanx.
Don't be surprised if Yumi direct all future queries to you!!  :tongue:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: AZLiberty on January 16, 2010, 02:03:12 AM
So am I the only person with 4 digit -03 series guitars.  Just seems kind of odd.

You have TWO of 'em...what's up with that?

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 16, 2010, 09:49:25 AM
You have TWO of 'em...what's up with that?

Actually 3 if you count my wife's OM-03.  :laughin:

Story starts in 1998 or so. Looked at several OM's  at one of the guitar stores in Phoenix (Music Go Round).  Sales guys did the smartest thing they could do, namely left me alone with the guitars.  I spent probably an hour playing 3 guitars, an OM-03, OM-03RE, and an OM-09.  Couldn't afford the upcharge on the -09, even though I really liked the wider neck on the 09.

Tough choice, the hog sounded good, and had the slickest action ever, the rosewood sounded better, but had a touch higher action.  I ended up buying the OM-03RE, which was priced where an OM-03R should be.  The next day I took my wife out for lunch at the Mongolian stir fry which was in the same strip mall as the guitar shop, she ended up buying the OM-03 on the spot after lunch.

I bought the D-03R-12 from the same chain (different location)  about a year later during their going out of business sale.
So:

OM-03       SN 003694    (don't have date need to e-mail Yumi)
OM-03RE   SN 004620      Start date 3/5/1998
D-03R-12   SN 005265     Start date 5/1/1998

And yes, each serial number (on the neck block) starts with a double zero.  The two OM's have the serial number on the paste tag as well, and are written with a single zero for whatever reason.

I see I've messed the spreadsheet up a little.  :blush: I wanted to update the model by reentering my guitar. (Thought the spreadsheet would overwrite). Now my guitar is in the list 3 times. Well it is a great guitar but 3 times in the list is too much even for this great guitar. (Aren't they all?)

Can anyone delete the wrong entries? The correct one is the D03R.

Thanks
Hans

Sure!

I'll fix this up later today.

Thanks for entering your information.

Quote from: Swedish Chef on January 16, 2010, 02:27:10 PM
I see I've messed the spreadsheet up a little.  :blush: I wanted to update the model by reentering my guitar. (Thought the spreadsheet would overwrite). Now my guitar is in the list 3 times. Well it is a great guitar but 3 times in the list is too much even for this great guitar. (Aren't they all?)

Can anyone delete the wrong entries? The correct one is the D03R.

Thanks
Hans

Quote from: ST on January 14, 2010, 11:37:10 AM
Hi,

Someone entered
Serial Number 26113   
Date  1/1/1980

Here is a link:

Larrivée Serial Numbers

I am not the one who listed #26113, but I am the new owner of it. I just bought it on eBay from a pawn shop in Florida. The auction did not list the model, but I was confident it was a D-03 because of the pictures. I could see in one picture that the model was not on the label, but I searched the forum and found some information about generic labels--I still thought it was a D-03 and assumed the owners simply didn't know where else to look. After it arrived, I was disappointed because the model number was not stamped on the neckblock; the only thing there is the serial number. Seeking more information, I referred to your list and was astonished to find #26113 already there. I was also immediately skeptical of the claimed 1/1/80 manufacturing date. That prompted me to look through the forum, where I found your post.

After a lot of pondering, perhaps I have solved the mystery. The eBay auction began on 1/9 and ended on 1/16. The guitar was listed on your site on 1/13. On the same day, a question/answer was posted on the eBay auction page (the question: "What is the model number?"; the answer: "We don't know"). The dime-store detective in me thinks that when the sellers were asked about the model number, they searched the web and found your site. They then filled in the serial number with a guess at the manufacturing date, in hope that your site would spit out the model number. That would also explain all the blank and "unknown" fields.

The guitar with no model designation remains a mystery. It is a dreadnought with a spruce top, and mahogany (or sapele?) back and sides, with ivoroid fingerboard binding (not black plastic, like a D-02), all of which make it sound like a D-03. Anyway, I have requested information--especially about the missing model number--from Larrivee by email. When I receive a response, I will list it on your site.

Thanks for creating and maintaining the serial number list.

Quote from: dwm857 on January 27, 2010, 02:37:01 AM

The guitar with no model designation remains a mystery. It is a dreadnought with a spruce top, and mahogany (or sapele?) back and sides, with ivoroid fingerboard binding , all of which make it sound like a D-03. Anyway,

That would be a D-03 circa 1999.  Larrivee stopped putting model numbers on the paste tag in early/mid 1998.  White Neck binding + black body binding would be an -03.  The -02 was all black.  Later the -03 was changed to all white.

Pic of 1998 binding: (click to zoom)

Hi dwm857,

Congratulations on getting that new (to you) guitar. Also thanks for clarifying and adding more info about this serial number.

When you get the info from Larrivée please go ahead and use the form (bottom of the page here):
Larrivée Serial Numbers

Thanks again and  enjoy your D03

Quote from: dwm857 on January 27, 2010, 02:37:01 AM

I am not the one who listed #26113, but I am the new owner of it. I just bought it on eBay from a pawn shop in Florida. The auction did not list the model, but I was confident it was a D-03 because of the pictures. I could see in one picture that the model was not on the label, but I searched the forum and found some information about generic labels--I still thought it was a D-03 and assumed the owners simply didn't know where else to look. After it arrived, I was disappointed because the model number was not stamped on the neckblock; the only thing there is the serial number. Seeking more information, I referred to your list and was astonished to find #26113 already there. I was also immediately skeptical of the claimed 1/1/80 manufacturing date. That prompted me to look through the forum, where I found your post.

After a lot of pondering, perhaps I have solved the mystery. The eBay auction began on 1/9 and ended on 1/16. The guitar was listed on your site on 1/13. On the same day, a question/answer was posted on the eBay auction page (the question: "What is the model number?"; the answer: "We don't know"). The dime-store detective in me thinks that when the sellers were asked about the model number, they searched the web and found your site. They then filled in the serial number with a guess at the manufacturing date, in hope that your site would spit out the model number. That would also explain all the blank and "unknown" fields.

The guitar with no model designation remains a mystery. It is a dreadnought with a spruce top, and mahogany (or sapele?) back and sides, with ivoroid fingerboard binding (not black plastic, like a D-02), all of which make it sound like a D-03. Anyway, I have requested information--especially about the missing model number--from Larrivee by email. When I receive a response, I will list it on your site.

I heard from Yumi and listed the correct information for #26113. You might want to remove the other listing.

Hi dwm857,

Thanks for entering your serial number information.

Quote from: dwm857 on January 29, 2010, 12:23:20 AM
I heard from Yumi and listed the correct information for #26113. You might want to remove the other listing.

Done

Anyone else want to add to the serial number knowledge base?

Larrivée Serial Numbers

Quote from: ST on January 29, 2010, 12:46:47 AM
Hi dwm857,

Larrivée Serial Numbers

Hi ST

Still awaiting word from Yumi before entering my Herd   :nanadance
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Where are those 10,000 guitars between 81 and 91 or 81 and whenever they went on acoustic hiatus?
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: ST on January 29, 2010, 12:46:47 AM

ST,

Could you go in and change the year of my Parlor; I got the following note back from Yumi on it:

"Parlor – 56270 – Your Parlor was completed on 4/3/2002 in Vancouver, BC."

This didn't make any sense to me, because I bought the guitar for my daughter in 2000, when she was 14. But then I remembered that we sent it back later for some warranty work (cracks in the fingerboard). I thought they had repaired it, but evidently they replaced it instead, and I hadn't recorded the serial number before (or didn't have a record of it - silly me!). So this serial number entry form is solving some interesting mysteries! (They also said my '92 OM-05's serial number didn't match up as an OM, so we're doing some more sluething! I DO have the receipts and records for that one.)

ST

As per The Rev's experience this endeavor of yours has many benefits and uses thanks again for taking it on  :bowdown:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Hi Mikeymac,

I made the change to the completed date and I set the start date to Jan 1 2002 (based on estimated time to build).

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 31, 2010, 03:41:56 PM
ST,

Could you go in and change the year of my Parlor; I got the following note back from Yumi on it:

"Parlor – 56270 – Your Parlor was completed on 4/3/2002 in Vancouver, BC."

This didn't make any sense to me, because I bought the guitar for my daughter in 2000, when she was 14. But then I remembered that we sent it back later for some warranty work (cracks in the fingerboard). I thought they had repaired it, but evidently they replaced it instead, and I hadn't recorded the serial number before (or didn't have a record of it - silly me!). So this serial number entry form is solving some interesting mysteries! (They also said my '92 OM-05's serial number didn't match up as an OM, so we're doing some more sluething! I DO have the receipts and records for that one.)