1/2 lb butter
2 tsp sesame oil
1 cup chicken stock
2 pieces ginger
1/2 sliced green onion
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp orange peel
salt to taste
Directions: Marinade duck in ceramic bowl with orange juice, cane syrup, soy sauce and black pepper. Blend well. Marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.

In a sautee pan, sautee the duck on each side in the sesame oil and the butter together. About two or three minutes on each side until the duck is medium. Remove the duck Make a small tent with aluminum foil and keep warm.

Add chicken stock, remaining marinade from the bowl, ginger, green onions, garlic and orange peel. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce to simmer and cook three to five minutes. Cook until volume is reduced to approximately one half. Add the remaining butter stirring constantly.

Return the duck to the sautee pan and heat two to three minutes, and then serve. Salt to taste.

Cool I,ve always wanted to try cooking duck and low and behold right here in the thread of everythingness a  :drool: reciept show's up.I'll let you know in a week or two as I'm going on my first duck hunt with a client as a thankyou you for a job well done. :cheers
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

You'll have a blast as long as they aren't coming lick scud missiles! We cooked our last ducks on the grill and it was excellent. Cooked it over low heat with a lot of the same seasonings that GA-ME listed. Have fun!
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

I enjoy tea smoked duck at Hao Hao restaurant. With a spring roll or two and some sweet and sour soup.

Quote from: dependan on November 24, 2012, 07:45:07 PM
1 Can "Ranch style beans"
3 Hot dogs

Open can of beans, pour into sauce pan.
Cut up weenies into small chunks and add to beans
Add grated cheese if desired

Eat cold if necessary (K-rations) :yak:
                 Heat up and MMMMMMMMMM good  :laughin:

I'm smoking three racks of baby backs today and I'll also be throwing some smoked peach/baked beans in the mix. Leftover beans will get some Nathan's franks added for beanie wieners for dinner in a couple of days.

We went to our oldest daughters house tor a belated thanksgiving on Friday. She made rack of lamb with very rich side dishes and home made cheesecake for desert.
We were stuffed, instead of the turkey.
            Actually, no turkey yet for us. Maybe today.

Start of a good day...

Quote from: GA-ME on November 25, 2012, 11:53:06 AM
Start of a good day...

Jonathan, what do your neighbors think about having to smell that good food cooking all the time?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on November 25, 2012, 12:25:53 PM
Jonathan, what do your neighbors think about having to smell that good food cooking all the time?

I don't know what the neighbors think about it. But, I think that their dogs love it since the mastiff and the ankle biter alike sit and drool at the fence!

Well, all this talk about duck got me in gear. We just got home from lunch with our oldest grandson. I chose Hao Hao and ordered Tea Smoked Duck and spring rolls.
 Still finger lickin good.  :thumbsup

Hey!  :wave

Whad I miss??????  :cheers

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on December 04, 2012, 04:31:46 AM

Cheers, Scott.

Just a bit of our standard insanity. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Cheers, Scott.

Since you were here last....

Let's see...   GA-ME plays uke lullaby,  brief debate over rules, some sage axioms, Unclrob's meltdown over teenage son,  a series of one-word nonsense posts, and misc. duck and beanie-weenie reciepee suggestions.  You know, just the usual.   :whistling:

Cheers, Scott.
It seems like you have been absent for quite a while. I don't know if you saw that we made it to your neighborhood finally. Just across the pond in N.Z. for about 3 weeks.
      Sorry we couldn't make it to OZ, that would have been cool.

Quote from: dependan on December 04, 2012, 10:40:17 AM
   It seems like you have been absent for quite a while. I don't know if you saw that we made it to your neighborhood finally. Just across the pond in N.Z. for about 3 weeks.
      Sorry we couldn't make it to OZ, that would have been cool.

That would have been cool! NZ is beautiful. I plan to get over there myself one day.

So, the Thread Ender thread is going along as usual. Great to see.  :cheers And I still havent bought another Larrivee...  :rolleye: Not for lack of want though...  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Hi Scott. 

Unclrob is being ignored by another.   He's crestfallen.  Heartbroken.  Woebegone.  Disconsolate.  Crushed to the core.  That's about all that's new. 

Quote from: ryler on December 04, 2012, 04:25:22 PM
Hi Scott. 

Unclrob is being ignored by another.   He's crestfallen.  Heartbroken.  Woebegone.  Disconsolate.  Crushed to the core.  That's about all that's new. 
And he painted his toenails red :whistling:

Quote from: ryler on December 04, 2012, 04:25:22 PM
Hi Scott. 

Some people have are obviously just poor judges of character. Uncle Rob is... well he's Uncle Rob!

Its unconstitutional. Un American, Un Canadian, un Australian, .... and probably quiet a few other "uns" that I cant think of right now.  :mad:

Cheerio, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.