What is your favorite non-Larrivee guitar

Started by Walkerman, October 23, 2007, 09:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

By that I mean, which one do you actually own and play?
For me, it's a Goodall Pacific parlor.  Quilted maple with a cedar top.  Perfect couch guitar.

When I'm not playing my OM-03R or my L-10 I usually play my Guild GAD-JF-30 Spruce/Maple Jumbo;  It's got a big boomy sound that I like for particular songs.  Un-like your parlor though, it's not a good "couch guitar".

My Guild JF-55 is my go-to guitar.
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

The gibson lg1.  Had since new.  Nice little guitar that is fun to play.  The parlor I picked up over the summer has cut into the LGs playing time somewhat as the new kid on the block. Don't play the classical much and little Martin mostly guards the closet..

jeff
Santa Cruz PJ
Martin om28v
Martin 0018vs
Bourgeois 'Alan Simpson' Slope Dread
Martin LXM (on loan)

steel strimg...my Lakewood
nylon...my Yamaha Dynamics...plural

Just picked up a 110 taylor, a good guitar.

My favorite that I dont have yet is a Collings D or a Santa Cruz D series.

Oh yeah.Someday.
Dave

For me its my Martin OM-21.  Super comfortable to play, and that great Martin tone.
2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15

Mine is my Collings OM2H.  It is just the right size and sounds unbelieveably good.
Collings OM2HSB
Bryan Shaw Custom Acoustic
1974 Alvarez Yairi DY77

My Martin HD-28 probably gets the most play of of all because I generally use it for public jams and performing and some practice. My Telecaster would be there if Electrics count. I've parted with D-03, an Ovation and a Strat this year to make the ones mentioned and my OMV the main players.

Hands down, my Martin 000-28 Norman Blake.  Perfect size for couch picking and sounds almost as loud as a dread.  And it smells really, really good.
2007 Martin 000-28 Norman Blake
2006 Larrivee L-03WL
2004 Tacoma DM9
2004 Cordoba 30
1993 Stratocaster Deluxe Plus
1979 Les Paul Custom

My favorite non-Larrivee is definately NOT one I would want to play sitting on the couch: my National Vintage Steel Delphi. For sittin' on the couch my pick would be my K&S Charlie Patton 000 size ladder braced guitar. Now that you got me thinking about which guitar I enjoy sitting on the couch with, maybe what I really need is a parlor (yes, keep on telling myself that I "need" a parlor). Just like I "needed" the National, just like I "needed" the new ukulele, just like I "needed". . . . .
:whistling: 
Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3

Keith Adams classical in cedar and rosewood.
Truly the best sounding guitar I've ever played, and I got if for a song.

http://www.keithadamsguitars.com/

I'd have to say the Mcilroy A30c would be my favorite non-larrivee guitar.  It's comfortable to play and has a sound unlike any other guitar I've played.  I made a post showing the bracing pattern of the guitar a few weeks ago...maybe that has something to do with it.
Mcilroy A30C, 2005
Yamaha FG-512, 1978
Custom Built Orchestra Model

Previously Owned:
Larrivee L-10 Special Edition, 2002
Larrivee Classical, 1977
Larrivee LV-05E, 2005
Larrivee P-09
Larrivee OM-05 custom
Larrivee OM-03
Larrivee D-03R, 1997

Laskin, Manzer, Goodall, Santa Cruz, Bourgeois among others.   

H&D DM standard Mahogany dread
Santa Cruz D/PW
My hand built rosewood/sitka and walnut/red spruce custom dreads

Hi,
my fovorite non-L. guitar is a martin D-42. It has the "Martin"-sound and an old ´20s Lyon & Healey parlor, that sounds as old as it is - 80 years. And Larrivees are younger!
And I should mention my lovely Gallagher Ragtime Special from 1991.

I own a Larrivee C10 from 1991
a Larrivee OM 019 from 1992
a Larrivee L-09 from 1979
a Taylor 910 from 96

I used to have a lot others like
Santa Cruz F, Santa Cruz D/Pw, Taylor 512 C, Taylor K10, Taylor 510, Martin HD 28VLE, Manzanita OM, Blazer J-45, Yamaha APX 20, Martin 0017H from 1935
:smile:
Ernst
Larrivee C10 1991
Larrivee OM-019 1992
Larrivee L-09 1979
Martin D42 2005
Taylor 910 1996
Gallagher Ragtime Special 1991
Lyon & Healey Parlor ´20s

A second vote for the Martin 000-28 Norman Blake. Best sounding guitar I've  ever played. Oh ...  and it smells good, too! :tongue:
"The hardest thing in this world .... is to live in it." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't own one, but I have always appreciated the work over at McCollum guitars. My current non-larry favorite is my Les Paul. It is a fun change of pace to go to an electric.
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

My second favorite is Lowden

"Time flies like an arrow..Fruit flies like a banana"
Townes Van Zandt

My Martin 000-16SGT

Mike

Larrivee P-10MQ
Martin 00-18 Retro
Martin 000-16SGT
Martin LX1
Washburn D10SDL
plus lots of Chinese instruments, 2 violins, 2 pianos, etc., etc.