My All Koa Parlour Makeover

Started by Koamon, September 12, 2003, 02:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just went to UncleRob at Andy's Guitar and had him make me a new bone saddle. He also replaced the plastic bridgepins with Tusq graphite ones with the abalone dots and removed the ugly clear satin pickguard and replaced it with a medium highy figured Tor-Tis one I ordered from www.lmii.com

Guess what, I can drive it harder both strumming and fingerpicking and it sounds more beefy and full bodied like one of his bigger brothers. Additionally, the pickguard really dresses it up where it looks like an older Martin all body Koa...Thanks UnclRob!

Koamon signing off
Larrivee LC-10 Koa
Larrivee DV-10 Koa
Composite Acoustics Cargo
UnclRob's Parts Telecaster

Sounds like you had some good ideas....you definitely made it YOURS!
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

Koamon, you sure you want to say I did work for you?Wouldn't want you to upset anyone. ;)  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Koamon,
You've pushed me over the edge ! I'm ordering a Parlor. Still dying to see your pic's.

Alohas from Maui,
PSB
email
teletone96708@yahoo.com

he needs someone to show him how to work his camera.I can tell you it looks pretty
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Koamon,
 Does the OM guard fit the parlor? or does it need to be custom?

The Tor-Tis OM pickguards from www.lmii.com
come in various colours and textures so check their website to see which one will best match your piece. The radius is a bit larger that the soundhole radius of the parlour so you might want to shave the ends of the pickguard with a razor before you remove the self adhesive backing and install. On my all Koa Parlour  I went with the medium.

The the guard was $21.90 but shipping/handling was $7
so I got another OM guard in dark for my OMV-10 Koa. I also had UnclRob put in a bone saddle and Tusq graphite abalone dot pins. Now it looks kinda like a Martin OMV 45 custom look. Not for the feign of heart, but real nice!

BTW, Perigord I got my Parlour from UncleRob a few months ago and I love it, however last week he got another all Koa with a abalone rosette. The wood is very dark and flamed. The tone is on par with mine. It gave me buyer's remorse on mine a bit so check it out!

I'd love to post pictures, but Koamon is primitive and "eyes doan no how!" :(

Regards, Koamon
Larrivee LC-10 Koa
Larrivee DV-10 Koa
Composite Acoustics Cargo
UnclRob's Parts Telecaster

I'd love to post pictures, but Koamon is primitive and "eyes doan no how!" :(

That's okay Koamon is a good typer, HangFire has no need for fancy email pictures... :blink:  
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

Hey Koamon
Hurry and post some pictures.
Russ
Taylor Liberty TreeGoodall KJCK (All Koa), [url=http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2011333&uid=10