Beer!

Started by roknroll, December 18, 2005, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

QuoteYou never know aboat mistypes..........

:rolleyes: ^_^ :rolleyes:
Ron


JOKING, just Joking............ ^_^
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

I did used to do some port (insert typo here!) now and then, maybe I will re-investigate   :GRN>

I used to do port from a glass, but not a snifter glass, more like a pipe made out of glass...hehe...seriously though, I bought some Michelob Celebrate last night, thinking maybe anheiser busch actually got a seasonal beer right for once...WRONG!...It's supposedly stored in old bourbon oak barrels, but I couldn't taste the bourbon at all.  It was also brewed with vanilla beans, which kind of seemed interesting at first, but then you drink the beer, and the vanilla is so overbearing it tastes like straight vanilla extract from a bottle.  So imagine adding some vanilla extra to a miller light, then making the alcohol content 10% as opposed to a typical beer at 5-6%.  That is what this beer tasted like.  I literally gagged.  I also had a decent bottle of reislings last night, so that kind of made up for the michelob crap.  thanks a lot anheiser busch.  Happy new year!  Bears play today at 4:15 for another arse stomping of minnesota.  -Andrew

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

My favorite beer is called Killian's Irish Red.  It's just sweet and smooth.  I've always wanted to try a Snake Bite, heard it was a guiness and pear or apple cider mix, anyone try it?
wtb LSV-05

I've been truly blessed to live in Germany for over 4 years and I have experienced many fine beers.  I love the fact I can get twenty 1/2 liter bottles (over 16 onces) of great beer for about $12!  Sure is going to make moving back to the US hard to stomach!

Oh, as far as stouts go, I'm a Guinness fan as well!   ^_^
Russ

2004 Larrivee Maple Parlor
2000 American Deluxe Fat Strat
2000 Samick Mandolin
1999 Martin DC-16RGTE
1999 Martin Backpacker
1996 Taylor 450
1979 Sigma DM-4

One beer I've really been enjoying lately is Widmer Brothers Snow Plow Milk Stout.  Very Tasty :TON>

shiner bock's hefifeisen (sp?)

good stuff, but hard to find

Quote from: hcole on January 04, 2006, 09:26:10 PM
One beer I've really been enjoying lately is Widmer Brothers Snow Plow Milk Stout.  Very Tasty :TON>
Milk Sout ?!?!  Is it lumpy?

Quote
Was that port or pot?  Only one letter off
:GRN> I'll never tell.
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Quote from: dberch on January 06, 2006, 02:03:09 PM
Milk Sout ?!?!  Is it lumpy?


There's just a hint of sweetness when you drink it and it's very smooth.  As it happens I think I might have had a few to many tonight, but I'm at home so it's alright. :GRN>

I'm blessed to live in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. The Stevens Point Brewery is just down the street from my house. It's been operating continuously since sometime in the 1870's. There's also a micro brewery in Junction City call "Central Waters." Their most popular brew is a porter (not a big fan). My favorites are their red ale and seasonal Oktoberfest. Capitol City out of Madison does some excellent Dortmunder-syle brews as well as an excellent Weißbier.

We also have the lowest beer taxes in nation. Depends on your point of view as to whether that's a good or a bad thing!  :POL>
Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.

Is that near lake geneva? I get up to lake geneva quite a bit to visit my niece(oh and sister and bro in law yada yada).  I was up in milwaukee over christmas, sadly, I didn't get to drink any fine beers from Miwwakee.  I'll have to check out steven's point.  I go camping up in northern wisconsin quite a bit, so maybe it stevens point is up north or around lake geneva, let me know.  -Andrew

Breedlove SD-25 Custom
1973  Martin Sigma DM-5

Man, one subject I would lik eto chime in on, but I had to give up alchohol about six years ago. Until then, I guess liked half weissens and dark beers...but the beer of choice to make a bad day seem livable was always a nice cold Bass Ale on tap. In the summer, even though it was cheap, there was nothing like a Genny Cream Ale when working outside.
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

Powered by EzPortal