Anyone Got L.r. Baggs Mixpro?

Started by Fisherman, April 29, 2004, 01:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thinking of using this with a b-band A2. Anyone got any comments for or against? It's mainly to go through a PA system rather than into an amp.

Thanks!

Leigh

I am using the Raven PMB1 which works really well directly into our sound system at church.  Your venues look pretty big, I am sure that this would be a good piece of equipment for you as well...
Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights

I run my B-band A2 equipped Taylor through an LR Baggs PADI and it sounds great.  The PADI gives you so much more tone shaping control for about the same price as the MixPro.
Mike <><

QuoteI run my B-band A2 equipped Taylor through an LR Baggs PADI and it sounds great.  The PADI gives you so much more tone shaping control for about the same price as the MixPro.
+1

QuoteI run my B-band A2 equipped Taylor through an LR Baggs PADI and it sounds great. The PADI gives you so much more tone shaping control for about the same price as the MixPro.

Does the PADI have a stereo input and the ability to mix the two sources from the b-band? (I tried downloading the .pdf from LR Baggs but I think there must be a problem with the site.)

In practice, have you set the PADI up to suit your particular sound and then left it or do you find yourselves still tweaking the controls every now and then?

Thanks for your help ;)  

QuoteI am using the Raven PMB1 which works really well directly into our sound system at church.  Your venues look pretty big, I am sure that this would be a good piece of equipment for you as well...
This looks really good but a bit pricey! Might have to save my pennies... :)  

No the PADI is not a blender/mixer.  I know one guy who didn't like the MixPro for his dual sourced B-band so he bought two PADI's and loves the ability to shape the tone of both signals to very finite degrees.  It really helps him dial in what he wants.  However, that is not the most cost effective thing to do and you may as well just buy a used PMB unit.

Once I dial in the sound I want, the tweaking is over.  The PADI is very "tweakable" though and sensitive to minor changes, which I feel is a good think to really hone in on your sound.

Another thought, and this is my plan, if you don't have onboard controls, check out the new B-band A2.2 crossover technology.  I will be upgrading to that preamp and running it through the PADI.  This will allow me to blend the signals and have mono output to shape the overall tone via the PADI.  A good solution for us that have the B-band UST and AST with no onboard controls.  Check out --> http://www.b-band.com/product_a2.2.shtml
Mike <><

Two PADIs!! I have been using one for several years now and highly recommend them. They work well on lots of instruments.

Another solution would be to look for a used Mackie 1202VLZ PRO. They are not much larger than 2 PADIs and offer a lot of versatility (panning each channel, inserts, good mic pre, stereo output with either mic or +4db level, phantom power). I often use the 1202 on stage. A large amount of control and I can also plug in several instruments and just mute the channels I am not using.

Ron
Ron