S Yairi YE-50?

Started by wyodeb, October 06, 2005, 02:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone know anything about this guitar? John from Japan?

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Wyodeb,
    I don't know anything about that particular model but do know that S Yairi is the cousin or brother of K Yairi (who makes guitars for Alvarez guitars),S Yairi is no longer making guitars. Sorry I can't be of more help. :EM>

kdonovan
kdonovan

Yairi is Japan, both S & K are good- many say S is better. K builds for Alvarez

I got it for a very good price on ebay, and it arrived yesterday (after a trip to Unclrob for a setup and general checkup). I took it to rehearsal last night, and I really like the way it sounds through the speakers. Solid mahogany back and sides, solid spruce top. Tasteful cherry burst. Abalone soundhole rosette and fretboard inlays (sort of snowflakes and teardrop pattern). Gotoh tuners. Fishman Classic Four pickup/preamp. Cheesy (soon to be replaced), flimsy gigbag. It's one of the newer ones, certainly not a collector's item. But also much nicer than anything I have seen in shops around here for the same price!

Deb ^_^
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

I would love to try out some Yairi's but every one I have ever seen the neck is WAAAAAY to small for my hands - should be great for small hands however.  I just feel univited as a mamber of the Big Galute club...
Larrivee D-03 Custom 1.75" nut, Bearclaw top, Upgrade level mahogany b/s  (Trinity Guitars Custom)
Larrivee 000-50
Guild F-30 Aragon Sunburst (Tacoma built, Adirondack top)
Gibson L-130