Anyone speak German??

Started by Fisherman, October 18, 2005, 01:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


may want to try posting on the AGF in Open Mic,   there are a few folks there from Germany I believe....
"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

You can also go to Google and they have a page translator http://www.google.com/language_tools  You enter the URL of the page you want to translate and ta da !  There it is .  Way Cool  :GRN> :GRN>

Here is the result of that page translated.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2FLarrivee-LJC-10-Acoustic-Western-Guitar-Jumbo-Cutaway_W0QQitemZ7359084958QQcategoryZ2385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

I think we have a couple of native German speakers on this forum who could improve on my translation.

The seller says he will only ship to Germany. Of course one might be able to have him send it to a dealer and then pay the dealer to ship it to you.

He claims its an LJC-10 bought in 1992 for 3290 Marks (about $2,000US) ie: an LJ jumbo in C cutaway. That will be very rare. He says it has a lifetime warranty, which is not true unless warranties in Germany are transferable (unlike most other places, might be true as country product laws may have forced this).

Beschreibung == description.
rosewood body
mahogany and ebony neck
beautiful inlay from shells and mosaic
cutaway for problem free playing up the neck
rings brilliantly and loudly because of the large body
not too bright
easy playing
5mm scratch in the lacquer on one side (5mm=2inches)
A beautiful instrument for the guitarplayer. The quality one wants. A handmade western guitar made of hand selected woods.



Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

 :GRN> Prices in Europe are very high in general (my 2 cents).

Jumbo Cutaway, including original case, used
Cost: 3190,-Deutsche Marks in1992, Lifetime Warranty, registration
Hand built by Canadian Guitar builder Jean Larrivee.
Description: Rosewood back and sides;
Spruce top; Mahogany and Ebony neck;
Very well (they say perfect) put together with a super gloss finish;
Tedious/detailed and beautiful abalone and mother of pearl
inlay.
100% bundrein...sorry, I'm not sure what this is...something to do with being perfectly adjusted with the frets (bund); super setup; Cutaway for playing the upper frets.
Bright tone and because of the jumbo body, still loud.  Neck is not too wide making the guitar extremely playable.  The general condition is very good with only a tiny 5mm scratch in the gloss finish on the side which is why I dropped my original price from 1350 Euro to 1200 Euro.
A collector's item for guitarists who know enough to appreciate the quality of such a precious/fine and hand-built Western guitar constructed out of naturally dried woods selected over many years.

Have fun,

EastPodunk
'05 Larrivee L-05
~'04 Larrivee Satin/Mahogany Parlor
'72 Harmony Sovereign "Jet Set" 1204 Grand Concert

You could also use a mail/package forwarding service which would provide you a German address; a service such as this one: www.mailnetwork.com.  I've never used this one and I'm not implying this one is good.  I used a similar service for an address in the US a couple of times when I lived in Germany and Japan, because a lot of US companies wouldn't send products to a foreign address.
'05 Larrivee L-05
~'04 Larrivee Satin/Mahogany Parlor
'72 Harmony Sovereign "Jet Set" 1204 Grand Concert

Wow, you guys are amazing. The guitar looks cool I think. I've never seen a florentine on a smaller L body before.

I love the orginal translation. It's so cool the way german is structured to put the nouns up front and verbs to rear. Makes for some interesting sentences...'Piece of lover makes', being a good example.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

The translations look good to me.

FWIW, I spent 2 years at the University of Salzburg...
Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.

Powered by EzPortal