Is it just me, or does the forum seem deader since the upgrade?

Started by Silence Dogood, March 14, 2023, 08:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

:?

Same place but is the new look slowing things down? 

I think you are correct. For me, I was somehow signed out and I didn't do this.

I was wondering if everyone had set me to "ignore".   :roll

Ed

Seems about the average level of mortality to me. Personally, since I retired and stopped buying guitars, I haven't a whole lot to add and nothing much to say on most threads. Besides, I've said about all I have to say on strings and such. The best strings are still six new ones.  :laughin:   

Definitely slowed down. This is my first post since the change. The format is not the same on my phone so it's much harder for me to check the recent posts as they don't neatly show up at the bottom anymore.

Also, not sure why yellow was chosen but it might not be the most inviting color. I'm indifferent but I've never seen a yellow forum or webpage.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: B0WIE on March 14, 2023, 03:34:24 PMDefinitely slowed down. This is my first post since the change. The format is not the same on my phone so it's much harder for me to check the recent posts as they don't neatly show up at the bottom anymore.

Also, not sure why yellow was chosen but it might not be the most inviting color. I'm indifferent but I've never seen a yellow forum or webpage.

If you go to the top of the page (on my desktop at least) and pick your name, and then in the dropdown menu "look and layout", then "current theme", it's possible to have a reversed layout.  Dark screen with white letters. 

The old version of the forum sw may have had this option, but I never looked for it.  I'm getting used to this color scheme by now which is funny because I'm usually resistant to change.

Ed

Quote from: eded on March 14, 2023, 04:12:02 PMIf you go to the top of the page (on my desktop at least) and pick your name, and then in the dropdown menu "look and layout", then "current theme", it's possible to have a reversed layout.  Dark screen with white letters. 

The old version of the forum sw may have had this option, but I never looked for it.  I'm getting used to this color scheme by now which is funny because I'm usually resistant to change.

Ed
Thanks! I didn't mind the normal theme but the night-mode style theme is so much nicer for me.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

I love guitars, strings, etc., and I love talking about such things, but I only have so much to say on these matters.  I truly wish this forum had a more robust non-guitar discussion section.  Lots of smart folks here to interact with, but the interest level seems to be pretty low. 

I keep getting a database error almost every time I try to post a reply. Any suggestions from anyone or am I the only one with this problem.

Quote from: Silence Dogood on March 18, 2023, 09:16:20 AMI love guitars, strings, etc., and I love talking about such things, but I only have so much to say on these matters.  I truly wish this forum had a more robust non-guitar discussion section.  Lots of smart folks here to interact with, but the interest level seems to be pretty low. 

Non guitar discussion always leads to DANGER!!!!! Is that enough exclamation points?  :tongue:  :laughin:

Wow...new look.  I am just swamped these days, and not sleeping well so going to bed early (when I used to stay up really late).  Haven't forgotten all of you though!
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Quote from: B0WIE on March 15, 2023, 01:58:58 PMThanks! I didn't mind the normal theme but the night-mode style theme is so much nicer for me.

:+1:
Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)