ALL-NEW 2023 BAKER-T IS HERE!

Started by robwms, November 04, 2022, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm curious (of course) if there will be lefties...

:donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 05, 2022, 04:13:55 PM

Hmm. Unfortunately, I've never noticed a shortage of lefties these days. oh you mean guitars!  :laughin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 06, 2022, 03:57:57 PM
Hmm. Unfortunately, I've never noticed a shortage of lefties these days. oh you mean guitars!  :laughin:

Hey, bro! Thanks for the laugh!

Good to know you're still on the right side of the dirt.   :welcome:

I guess its nice to see Larrivee doing electrics again  :?  Wondering what the "all new" part of the Baker-T is  :doh
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 07, 2022, 08:16:11 PM
I guess its nice to see Larrivee doing electrics again  :?  Wondering what the "all new" part of the Baker-T is  :doh

Probably that they're painted one-piece swamp ash bodies instead of "exotic" body woods - and cost around $1,000 less. That last design was a real head scratcher...wonder if they even sold a dozen of them.

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 07, 2022, 08:16:11 PM

Didn't the earlier Bakersfield models have 1 3/4" nuts? It looks like these have 1 11/16" nuts.

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 05, 2022, 04:13:55 PM

Got an e-mail from Larrivee today: they're making 32 lefties available. Half have already been pre-ordered, so any lefty out there who wants one of these in lefty needs to get ahold of Larrivee ASAP.

:thumbsup

I ordered mine Sunday through the L & M web store, I like the specs, but no chance to play as there are none in stock out here in
Alberta. Ya never know fully without playing a guitar, but sometimes you have to take a chance. I have trust in the company, and if Matthew is a tele aficionado that's good enough for me to try one.
I sure love my Larrivee acoustics.

Quote from: Capn Rory on November 29, 2022, 02:42:20 PM
I ordered mine Sunday through the L & M web store, I like the specs, but no chance to play as there are none in stock out here in
Alberta. Ya never know fully without playing a guitar, but sometimes you have to take a chance. I have trust in the company, and if Matthew is a tele aficionado that's good enough for me to try one.
I sure love my Larrivee acoustics.

What color did you order?  I think you're going to love it.  Mine feels perfect.  It's light (just a shade over 6 lbs) and that neck is awesome. It's so smooth.  Sounds awesome too.  Per the usual, it's custom shop level craftsmanship with top grade components. It's a winner.

I ordered the ice blue metallic one.

I went back and forth in my head over the ice blue or the surf green. I've lived in NC and it reminds me of UNC colors. But the surf green looks so old school to me. So I went surf green. If I had the money I'd buy a blue one too. I like that color a lot. I bet you are going to love it.

I already have a surf green parts caster with a huge neck, rosewood board and so my decision was easy (except for the diablo red ....but not in stock).

Quote from: JaxsonW on November 30, 2022, 06:25:52 PM
I went back and forth in my head over the ice blue or the surf green. I've lived in NC and it reminds me of UNC colors. But the surf green looks so old school to me. So I went surf green. If I had the money I'd buy a blue one too. I like that color a lot. I bet you are going to love it.

Congrats on your new guitar Jaxson. Sounds like you're enjoying it. Can you give us some idea of the tones? Vintage Tele, more modern? If I may ask where did you buy it?

Thanks.
Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)

There is a good clip with a range of tones on Wolfe Guitars website, surf green model and some good pics of the ice blue metallic model.

Not very much talk on this model .....anywhere.....
I like the middle portion through my "Black and Blue" Princeton reverb. The factory set-up was great, but I'm not very used to .46 to .10 gauge strings. Some great tones with that combo !!!

Just took delivery Friday on mine and jammed with it for a few hours on Sat.  A couple friends tried it too.

Overall, it feels great, the neck plays great the body shape is great and the hardware is top notch.

through a clean amp (Peavey Classic 30) it sounds like what I believe a vintage type Tele would, even with the crunch/OD channel. 

Adding overdrive pedals, though, was tough because the pickup output is so high and it was making the overdrives sound fizzy.  A little experimentation and i'll find one.. probably a Nobels that can sweep the mids a little.

Overall, great instrument and likely to only get better after I wear it in!

If I was any good at electric guitar I would love one of these.
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Quote from: ducktrapper on September 18, 2023, 01:54:50 PMSorry about the long link. 
The link is for an amp. Did you mean that?
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)