The Forum VI Waiting Room

Started by Mikeymac, June 30, 2021, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks John, very much appreciated.  :thumb
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Thanks once again for keeping us juiced!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

This thread is the guitar maternity waiting room!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8&ab_channel=CarlySimon
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Oh no! There are two for Mark! I can't tell which one is mine.  :laughin:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

This has been great to follow.  Truly thankful 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, now I know mine!!!!  Both body and neck seen in photos.  What a process.  Thanks to all the folks at Larrivee for the info and photos and, especially, the build.

John sent me my serial number in a private message. 

I see the inside of mine in one photo.  :nana_guitar
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Dang, I see nothing for myself!!    :crying:

Quote from: J M Larrivée on November 15, 2021, 02:31:49 PM
Hi Folks,
I have included tracking sheets with your names on them so you can see what your serial numbers are. I have cut off last names for privacy reasons. There should be enough for you all to figure things out.
Everything is moving along, for the most part, with a few stragglers. This is normal. Sometimes things need to go back a step for rework etc. All acoustics currently are set up with D'Addario EXP16 12-53's. With the exception of Parlors, 0's, and the Travel T guitars, they are all set up with EXP17 13-56's for maximum tone on those little bodies.

A big shout out to Mike for facilitating everything with you folks. He is doing a great job behind the scenes. You are all in good hands. Matthew is doing a great job keeping things moving along. While all guitars coming through production are important, The Forum VI's are getting a little extra attention. I can see you are all enjoying the photos. If you are not aware, they are being taken by Jean when he is out and about on the shop floor and sees a bunch of them together. I've asked him to get some of the staff in there working on them as well. When all is said and done, I can do a WeTransfer or DropBox with all the images in one file at anyone's request.

All the best...

Thanks for the tracking sheet and serial numbers to name match John! So exciting to hunt down and see our own guitars in the process.

I like that idea of a DropBox with all the photos, etc. Sign me up for access. I did notice that the resolution of the photos changed after the first batch or two. Would really like to see all of them at the original higher resolution.

Happy to hear that EXP16 12-53 are going to be strung on the Forum Vi Guitars. That is my string gauge of choice these days.

I will echo the big shout out to Mike, and another shout out of thank you to John, Jean, Wendy, Matthew and all of the staff at Larrivee for making the Forum VI a reality.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Quote from: Frasier1 on November 15, 2021, 07:54:25 PM
Dang, I see nothing for myself!! 
Your guitar was accidentally not shown. Apologies.
Your SN is 137815.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on November 16, 2021, 08:52:10 PM
Your guitar was accidentally not shown. Apologies.
Your SN is 137815.
Mike

Thanks for the replies Mike and John!!  I was feeling like the kid on Christmas that ran under the tree
only to find all the other kids got presents except for me!  LOL.  Seriously, I knew I was in good hands
and that all was well!!

I want to thank the whole Larrivee family and workers for this opportunity.  I pulled out my F-IV tonight
and the smell still reminds me of the day of the day I first got it, and it's voice is even more gorgeous!!

Quote from: Frasier1 on November 17, 2021, 01:52:51 AM

I want to thank the whole Larrivee family and workers for this opportunity.  I pulled out my F-IV tonight
and the smell still reminds me of the day of the day I first got it, and it's voice is even more gorgeous!!

I really regret selling my Forum IV (my only other Forum guitar). I don't think I gave it enough time to open up... beautiful 00 guitars!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Update - Pickups (Order Amendments)
John asked me to let you know....
If there is ANYONE who want to add pickups to their guitar order, your last chance is now.
This will not apply to anyone who has already notified John about pickups, but "time to completion" is running out and unless you notify John about adding a pickup, your time is short and you must inform John immediately. Changes will not be honored unless received this weekend.
I cannot send a mass PM to everyone who has ordered a Forum VI, so this is the best I can do.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on November 17, 2021, 07:17:10 PM
Update - Pickups (Order Amendments)
John asked me to let you know....
If there is ANYONE who want to add pickups to their guitar order, your last chance is now.
This will not apply to anyone who has already notified John about pickups, but "time to completion" is running out and unless you notify John about adding a pickup, your time is short and you must inform John immediately. Changes will not be honored unless received this weekend.
I cannot send a mass PM to everyone who has ordered a Forum VI, so this is the best I can do.
Mike

Well...THAT'S Exciting!

Cheers,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

16 pages & over 300 posts !!!

Are they ready yet ?       :humour:
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

I am on stand by for one of the four extras.  I have not heard anything from Larrivee yet.  I imagine they will get out the 16 original orders and make sure they all land to their new homes safely before they will start to work through the extra ones, but I could be wrong.  It has been fun to watch the build and to see the ending of the process getting closer.  I don't know about everyone else but I have been checking on here for updates a few times every day. 

Quote from: jwdecour on November 18, 2021, 11:32:33 AM
I am on stand by for one of the four extras.  I have not heard anything from Larrivee yet.  I imagine they will get out the 16 original orders and make sure they all land to their new homes safely before they will start to work through the extra ones, but I could be wrong.  It has been fun to watch the build and to see the ending of the process getting closer.  I don't know about everyone else but I have been checking on here for updates a few times every day. 
John,
I am guessing you won't hear from Larrivee for a little while.
I am also "hoping" Dennis and Matt are checking for updates here as well.
In order, the list is #1 yourself (John), #2 Dennis, and #3 Matt.
Welcome to the club!!!

And you are right, we have 16 original orders. I thought we had 15.
Out of a run of 20, 19 were made because Larrivee lacked one last set of nice walnut.

There is info for the waiting list folks (all 3 of you so far), I will share the following from John....
1. There is one (1) LS and two (2) LSV potentially as extras right now.
2. Current orders get priority over the waiting list if Larrivee loses a guitar in production.

Now if Larrivee "loses" a guitar in production, it could mean that particular production guitar could be sold as B stock.
I doubt Larrivee is going to lose any guitars in production.

I don't know when the F-VI guitars will be completed, I think we will all find out at the same time.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on November 18, 2021, 01:10:14 PM
John,
I am guessing you won't hear from Larrivee for a little while.
I am also "hoping" Dennis and Matt are checking for updates here as well.
In order, the list is #1 yourself (John), #2 Dennis, and #3 Matt.
Welcome to the club!!!

And you are right, we have 16 original orders. I thought we had 15.
Out of a run of 20, 19 were made because Larrivee lacked one last set of nice walnut.

There is info for the waiting list folks (all 3 of you so far), I will share the following from John....
1. There is one (1) LS and two (2) LSV potentially as extras right now.
2. Current orders get priority over the waiting list if Larrivee loses a guitar in production.

Now if Larrivee "loses" a guitar in production, it could mean that particular production guitar could be sold as B stock.
I doubt Larrivee is going to lose any guitars in production.

I don't know when the F-VI guitars will be completed, I think we will all find out at the same time.
Mike

I'm always checking for updates Mike.  Thanks for all your work on this project.