Previous topic - Next topic

Me? I stupidly gave in to GAS
I still have a D03r ,but sold a very nice D02
Now I have to get the funds together for another
Larrivee
Never again
How bout you?
Dave

I generally sell the lower end models so I can replace them with higher end models.  More importantly, I constantly have to make room, GAS keeps me running out of places to put them...

Main rule of thumb is this;  the right number of guitars is however many you have at the moment plus at least one more...  Never give in to "too many guitars guilt", it will subside...
George

I sold my L-10 lefty to Bluesman67 to fund my custom L-05 sunburst.   

Sell a Larrivée? What are you talking about man? I did trade my son in law my L-01 for a beautiful Remington 870 Wingmaster. Leaves me with five acoustics, two electrics and a uke and the ability to defend them.  :laughin:  :cheers

Hmmm...  trying to remember which one.  Either a D-03-12 or a OOV-03.  If the 12 string (which is probable) because of my love/hate relationship with 12 strings.  If the OO, my focus on 24" scale. 

Ed

To buy another one.  Wish I could have kept both, but wasn't possible at the time.  I will have another one, I guarantee.

I have two for sale currently.

--I'm selling the D-03R-12 because I have FOUR 12-strings, and I really prefer guitars smaller than Dreadnoughts.

--I'm selling the LS-03 because it's mahogany, and I am really more of a Rosewood guy.  (honestly these days I am more of a Carbon Fiber guy)

I haven't bought it yet  :tongue:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Sold my LS10 as I was playing my OM03PA mostley and I had to pay bills. :crying:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Tastes change. Or a guitar doesn't live up to our expectations. As some players get older, a dreadnought is too hard on their shoulder, so they move to smaller guitars. Or you no longer gig, so you look for a couch/home guitar. Or you've started gigging, so you need a different guitar...

Or, you just want to try something different.

Thankfully, this is reasonably affordable with guitars, not so much with wives and children... (I keed, I keed  :roll )
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 12, 2018, 10:49:30 PM
Tastes change. Or a guitar doesn't live up to our expectations. As some players get older, a dreadnought is too hard on their shoulder, so they move to smaller guitars. Or you no longer gig, so you look for a couch/home guitar. Or you've started gigging, so you need a different guitar...

Or, you just want to try something different.

Thankfully, this is reasonably affordable with guitars, not so much with wives and children... (I keed, I keed  :roll )

Tastes are fickle ... including wives and children.  :laughin:

To pay down my mortgage.  I am aiming at being 100% debt-free!

Quote from: DaveyO on June 12, 2018, 05:03:54 PM
Me? I stupidly gave in to GAS
I still have a D03r ,but sold a very nice D02
Now I have to get the funds together for another
Larrivee
Never again
How bout you?
Dave

Same here. No real good reason. I'm 50% of the way to correcting my gross error. I just got another OOO-40R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have never sold any of my Larrivee guitars. I currently own four of them. The L-03 is actually on consignment at Hatfield Guitar in Janesville, WI. I am heading up there, maybe yet today to bring it home and take it off consignment. The only thing that I do not get along with, is the narrow nut. Although, I have refined my fretting technique over the past two years, so I want to try it again. I feel I should be able to adapt, on the fly, to any guitar neck. Maybe it will be good training if I decide to further pursue the Ukulele or Mandolin.

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: markj on June 13, 2018, 11:24:57 AM
Have never sold any of my Larrivee guitars. I currently own four of them. The L-03 is actually on consignment at Hatfield Guitar in Janesville, WI. I am heading up there, maybe yet today to bring it home and take it off consignment. The only thing that I do not get along with, is the narrow nut. Although, I have refined my fretting technique over the past two years, so I want to try it again. I feel I should be able to adapt, on the fly, to any guitar neck. Maybe it will be good training if I decide to further pursue the Ukulele or Mandolin.

Does your L-03 have a 1 11/16" nut width like a Larrivee Dread?  L models with a narrow nut are rare...  most are 1.75 inch which to me is wide...
George

Yes. It has a 1 11/16" nut, and a 40 style neck/headstock with open back grovers. It was a 2014 custom build. I purchased it used, 2.5 years ago.

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: markj on June 13, 2018, 12:16:05 PM
Yes. It has a 1 11/16" nut, and a 40 style neck/headstock with open back grovers. It was a 2014 custom build. I purchased it used, 2.5 years ago.

Let me know should you decide to sell it, it is the only nut width I can play comfortably and L models are hard to come by with that distinction...
George

Quote from: tuffythepug on June 12, 2018, 05:19:48 PM
I sold my L-10 lefty to Bluesman67 to fund my custom L-05 sunburst.   

Haven't heard from him in a long time. He lived not so far away in Raleigh. I went up and met him and another forumite there years ago.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

It wasn't different enough from the others to keep it.

With the exception of choirs and symphony orchestras, if two (of anything) are doing the same thing, one of them can and probably should, leave the stage.

ST

Quote from: flatlander on June 13, 2018, 02:06:29 PM
Haven't heard from him in a long time. He lived not so far away in Raleigh. I went up and met him and another forumite there years ago.
Bluesman67 always enjoyed his >3,000 posts - hasn't logged on in almost a year nor posted in almost year and a half
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)