GOTM Mechanics of Selection and Process

Started by JOYCEfromNS, February 26, 2017, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A topic to attempt to clarify the process

- the total process takes part in the "Pictures" Section of the Forum
- a new picture is selected each month

The Process is simply:
- during the 1st week of each month a topic is started requesting nominations; sometimes because of a non-attentive Mod this slips to the 2nd week :-)
- usually around the beginning of the 4th week a Voting Poll is created based on the nominations topic
- usually on the last day of the month the voting poll is locked and a winner declared for the upcoming month

Questions  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Nope. :cheers
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Don't change the process.  It's not worth it.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on March 01, 2017, 05:12:53 AM
Don't change the process.  It's not worth it.
Thought I was clarifying the Process - where do you see the change  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Wasn't suggesting there was a change.  I was just confirming the process is fine as it is.  I guess I didn't articulate what I meant.  I got confused between this thread and the other recent one about the GOTM.  Sorry for any confusion.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Suggestion to promote more variety and interest

change

2. If a member has had a GOTM in the last 3 months, another picture from that member can't be nominated again.

to

2. If a member has had a GOTM in the last 12 3 months, another picture from that member can't be nominated again.

Quote from: ST on May 11, 2017, 01:37:42 AM
Suggestion to promote more variety and interest

change

2. If a member has had a GOTM in the last 3 months, another picture from that member can't be nominated again.

to

2. If a member has had a GOTM in the last 12 3 months, another picture from that member can't be nominated again.

Seems to me the problem is NOT too many nominations.  More restrictions won't really help.

I'd expect that this change would increase the number and diversity of the nominations.

Quote from: ST on May 11, 2017, 09:25:44 PM
I'd expect that this change would increase the number and diversity of the nominations.

How would allowing fewer folks to be nominated increase nominations?
Now, I would like to see a loosening of restrictions on guitars used.  Like, even two or three guitars in one picture.  As long as they are Larrivees and as long as none of them have been GOTM.  As some of you know, I had matching pairs of 6/12 strings made for my sons.  I always thought that a pic of a matching pair would have been great for GOTM.

Quote from: Walkerman on May 12, 2017, 07:54:36 AM
How would allowing fewer folks to be nominated increase nominations?
Now, I would like to see a loosening of restrictions on guitars used.  Like, even two or three guitars in one picture.  As long as they are Larrivees and as long as none of them have been GOTM.  As some of you know, I had matching pairs of 6/12 strings made for my sons.  I always thought that a pic of a matching pair would have been great for GOTM.

Agreed!  Have you posted photos of them?   :gotpics:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: markj on May 12, 2017, 12:35:24 PM
Agreed!  Have you posted photos of them?   :gotpics:

Not good ones, and now my sons are moved out and have taken the guitars with them.