00-40 vs 00-03 vs 00-03mt your thoughts?

Started by Watchmanjc, April 29, 2015, 03:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I like small guitars! I currently play 000 style hog but looking for a 00 Larrivee to be my main git. Anybody have one of these? Your thoughts are appreciated. I recently toured the Oxnard factory and live close by. I was so impressed with their operation, quality and warm welcome.

I love my Larrivee OO-05 and OO-03vMTSB (deep breath - satin, cutaway, hog top, sunburst)  very much. My 2 Taylor's languish in their cases. Nuff said.

Never played a OO-04 but the difference between my spruce topped -05 and hog topped -03 is night and day. The -05 spruce top is simply brighter than a hog top. Both are comfortable to play, sound great and I'll probably never own a 14 fret acoustic again.

Have this craving for donuts for some reason. . .  Hmmmm

:donut :wave :donut
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Forum members Dependan and Heads-up could provide you with some good thoughts as they have  owned a vew OO Larrivee's with different woods and such.  I own an OM-50 and a all-hog OO.  Love them both.  As jpmist says the spruce has a much brighter sound that the hog.  But you have an all-hog OOO so you know that.  The all-hog OO Larrivee (IMHO) is twice the guitar as it's equivelant by other makers.  Can't go wrong.
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

I love my walnut/cedar 00 12 fret. It has warmth for days! Sustain volume and resonance!

Quote from: Guitargoat on April 30, 2015, 10:22:14 AM
I love my walnut/cedar 00 12 fret. It has warmth for days! Sustain volume and resonance!

Do you have pics of your walnut / cedar 00 ?

Quote from: Watchmanjc on April 30, 2015, 01:00:05 AM
Donuts  :donut :donut2 :coffee

Thanks! This is as close as we get to hazing the newbies on this forum  :winkin:

Welcome and keep us posted if you snag one.

:welcome:
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

I don't have any pics and I'm not quite sure how to add them on here. Check out wildwoods website. There are pics of my guitar.

Mike

Quote from: Guitargoat on May 01, 2015, 10:50:24 AM
I don't have any pics and I'm not quite sure how to add them on here. Check out wildwoods website. There are pics of my guitar.

Mike

Thank you, will do!