Sorry, you can't read your personal messages.

Started by Grayson73, May 08, 2007, 06:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I got this message when clicking on a link sent to my email:

Sorry, you can't read your personal messages.

How do I read my personal messages?

You must be logged into the forum to read your messages.

Steve,

Maybe I'm a dunce, but I cannot find my personal messages on this forum. I'm signed in, where do I go now?? Every othr Forum seems to have a PM notice near your login name or somewhere in the top banner. Where is it on this forum. I've read and reread the helps but they don't malke any more sense to me.

Sorry for going public with this, but I'm getting e-mails from people wondering why I have not ansered my PM's

Gary
Taylor Custom GC all mahogany
Tayor 812c (1997)
Taylor 612c (1994)
Yamaha FG730S
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Samick Greg Bennett OM-08CE

Quote from: gary0319 on May 17, 2007, 08:48:29 AM
Steve,

Maybe I'm a dunce, but I cannot find my personal messages on this forum. I'm signed in, where do I go now?? Every othr Forum seems to have a PM notice near your login name or somewhere in the top banner. Where is it on this forum. I've read and reread the helps but they don't malke any more sense to me.

Sorry for going public with this, but I'm getting e-mails from people wondering why I have not ansered my PM's

Gary

You should be able to now Gary, you've got to have at least 10 posts before you are granted access to the PM features on the forum.

Thanks Denis,

Works now. Did I just miss the 10 post thing somewhere??

It seems now every time I want to log in it says my password is wrong and I have to reset it. Any thoughts on this issue??

Gary
Taylor Custom GC all mahogany
Tayor 812c (1997)
Taylor 612c (1994)
Yamaha FG730S
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Samick Greg Bennett OM-08CE

Quote from: gary0319 on May 17, 2007, 09:58:29 AM
Did I just miss the 10 post thing somewhere??

It seems now every time I want to log in it says my password is wrong and I have to reset it. Any thoughts on this issue??

Gary
The "10 post thing" is part of are Newbie member group.  This information is in our FAQ section.
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?board=12.0

This usually has to do with your cookie settings in your browser.  Make sure that you are allowing cookies for this site.  Firewall software cookie settings can also cause this problem.

Steve

Ive been a member for over a year but have only lurked. I own a Larrivee, a rather rare one at that; shouldn't I be 'allowed' to at least see PMs sent to me?
Let me just say, I'm growing better.

Quote from: Dannyg1 on June 11, 2011, 01:24:23 PM
Ive been a member for over a year but have only lurked. I own a Larrivee, a rather rare one at that; shouldn't I be 'allowed' to at least see PMs sent to me?

Dannyg and Revive you need 10 posts for PM capabilities. Sometimes this can be a bit of a pain for Newbies but because of all the Spam shite out there, this is a bit of a safeguard combatting that. So for the Greater Good we have this 10 post thing.

So tell us a little about you and your Larrivee and all of a sudden you will have 10 posts and this will be a non-issue for you and other Newbies who do the same, our community is a better place for it as it offers a chance for us all to participate and get to know each other.

:cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: staceyz on September 27, 2012, 10:10:57 PM
Happened to me as well

Please read The Rules and the post immediately before yours explaining why you need 10 posts.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thanks everyone for enlightening me about the 10 post rule.  I thought I was going crazy there for a minute. 

Quote from: gary0319 on May 17, 2007, 09:58:29 AM

Gary

Hi Gary (et al),

While I have nothing to do with running this forum, I run SMF v1.1.18 forum software on a private site where a few users have experienced that problem.

When polled, only Microsoft Internet Explorer users had the login / password problem. No manner of change to MSIE settings, cookies or the forum settings I could make would correct the problem. And sadly, not every MSIE user had the trouble.

The fix was as simple as switching to Firefox or Google Chrome for using an SFM based forum.

Jack