Sold Larrivee OM-03MQ Quilted Mahogany

Started by midwestguy, January 01, 2013, 09:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beautiful and rare Larrivee OM-03MQ Quilted Mahogany guitar with Sitka spruce top. Like new condition. According to Larrivee this instrument comes from a run of only 15 guitars. Special appointments include ebony tuners, abalone rosette and Mother of Pearl Larrivee signature on headstock. Comes with the original archtop Larrivee case in very good, but not perfect condition. Instrument has seen very little playing time due to a finger injury after purchasing it. This guitar needs to be played and enjoyed! Includes a nice leather strap. New lower price is $925 plus shipping costs.

Here is a link to photos of the guitar, but they don't show the true beauty of the quilted mahogany:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjzm6u3mi0qin0x/s17E27k8uz

Sound clip of an OM-03MQ by Dave from Guitar Adoptions here:

http://www.guitaradoptions.com/audio/nov06/larriveeom03.mp3

Hi,
Would you ship to Canada? If yes, please contact me via email directly at tlforsyt"at"nbnet.nb.ca.
THanks
Tim

Where are you located in the midwest? I might drive to play it.  I'm in central Illinois.
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Quote from: dberch on January 04, 2013, 09:37:08 AM
Where are you located in the midwest? I might drive to play it.  I'm in central Illinois.
I am in SE Iowa on the Mississippi River.

Im sure you would have mentioned but I wanted to double check anyway--is there a pick up installed?

Quote from: Dokterrock on February 27, 2013, 12:41:35 PM
Do you know the nut width and year it was made?  Thanks!

The nut width is 1 3/4". It was purchased new in early 2007.

I'm mainly a finger-style player, and the 1.75 nut is inviting . . . can you tell me the string spacing at the saddle?
Thanks

Quote from: FLgatorTX on February 28, 2013, 10:50:44 AM
I'm mainly a finger-style player, and the 1.75 nut is inviting . . . can you tell me the string spacing at the saddle?
Thanks

Fingerstyle is the only way I every played this guitar. I am not an expert at measuring between strings. I measured from the center of each string and this is what I get:

1-2: 13/32
2-3: 15/32
3-4: 7/16
4-5: 13/32
5-6: 7/16

Usually it is measured from the middle of the first string to the middle of the 6th string on top of the saddle. To make it easy I put a small ruler on the inside of the 1st and then read at the middle of the 6th. I'm looking for 2 5/16", the most common is 2 3/16"  . . . hope that helps. I'm getting older and on my faster tunes I find my finger picks clipping the adjacent strings too much. So, though it may not seem like much the added 2/16" makes a big difference. Thanks for taking the time to measure.

Quote from: FLgatorTX on February 28, 2013, 06:14:42 PM
Usually it is measured from the middle of the first string to the middle of the 6th string on top of the saddle. To make it easy I put a small ruler on the inside of the 1st and then read at the middle of the 6th. I'm looking for 2 5/16", the most common is 2 3/16"  . . . hope that helps. I'm getting older and on my faster tunes I find my finger picks clipping the adjacent strings too much. So, though it may not seem like much the added 2/16" makes a big difference. Thanks for taking the time to measure.

It appears to measure 2 1/8"

Quote from: midwestguy on March 02, 2013, 06:56:49 PM
It appears to measure 2 1/8"

So, most probably 2 3/16" . . . very common. Too small for me, but a bump for a great guitar at a great price. My son has an OM-02 and it's great.
This is a beauty.

I'm wondering if this guitar is still available.  Thanks.
Larrivee OOO-03
G&L SB-2
Buescher 400 Top Hat and Cane

PM Sent
Martin OM-21 Ambertone (On Order)
Taylor 326
Larrivee LS-03 Italian Spruce/Walnut (In Route)
Yamaha LL16 SB
Epiphone 50th Anniversary Inspired by "1964" Caballero - Mahogany

Quote from: midwestguy on January 01, 2013, 09:23:47 PM
Beautiful and rare Larrivee OM-03MQ Quilted Mahogany guitar with Sitka spruce top. Like new condition. According to Larrivee this instrument comes from a run of only 15 guitars. Special appointments include ebony tuners, abalone rosette and Mother of Pearl Larrivee signature on headstock. Comes with the original archtop Larrivee case in very good, but not perfect condition. Instrument has seen very little playing time due to a finger injury after purchasing it. This guitar needs to be played and enjoyed! Includes a nice leather strap. New lower price is $925 plus shipping costs.

Here is a link to photos of the guitar, but they don't show the true beauty of the quilted mahogany:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjzm6u3mi0qin0x/s17E27k8uz

Sound clip of an OM-03MQ by Dave from Guitar Adoptions here:

http://www.guitaradoptions.com/audio/nov06/larriveeom03.mp3

Guitar has been sold.