F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YUP. Jim is going to get us the information on pricing and timing. But we are going to be able to order some 00-03 MT's.
    There will only be one guitar NO options for this order a  00-03 MT
Please don't ask for other options. This is all Larrivee will make this time

So if we keep it simple as has been discussed in the 00-03 thread then we can get this done easily and quickly.

So who will be in for sure? I know of 3 already including myself that are ready, but I'll let y'all say so.

if you want to have these labeled Forum IV I think that would be OK...

This is tempting.... 00 is really a nice lap size guitar.

I'll sticky this thread.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Well it really is a forum guitar. But I guess that's up to y'all. I would say sure.
    And a sticky would help. Thanks Randy

Hey Danny,

Sounds like a plan - I would be interested.

Thanks,

Geoff
FIII #45 IS/Hog
Long time Larrivee Fan

Quote from: Ge0ff on November 22, 2009, 03:48:17 PM
Hey Danny,

Sounds like a plan - I would be interested.

Thanks,

Geoff
OK that may make 4 already. But we will nail it all down this week. Just be sure to check back so when we are ready to make an order list you will be committed and probably need to make a deposit with Trinity Guitars.

Assuming that Jim wants to be the broker again (so we'll all be broke - er   :wink:), count me in, based on what he wrote me this morning.

I think it (the Forum IV?) should be:
00-03 Mahogany all around
12-fret
paddle-head, normal bridge
that's it.
Keep it inexpensive! 

Jim might be willing to bone the saddle them as he did with the FIII. 
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on November 22, 2009, 06:56:54 PM
Assuming that Jim wants to be the broker again (so we'll all be broke - er   :wink:), count me in, based on what he wrote me this morning.

I think it (the Forum IV?) should be:
00-03 Mahogany all around
12-fret
paddle-head, normal bridge
that's it.
Keep it inexpensive! 

Jim might be willing to bone the saddle them as he did with the FIII. 
You got it. That is what is happening. Now there are 3 on this thread. Plus Mark (Q) expressed an interest in the other thread. So once he confirms or as others join in we move ahead quite quickly I believe.
        So should this be Forum IV?  May as well be, there can always be 5,6,7 etc.

Is there any information about nut width on this guitar?

Greg

Quote from: gdeiss on November 22, 2009, 07:37:22 PM
Is there any information about nut width on this guitar?

Greg
It will be 1 3/4" that is the standard on these style 00's.

Any info on price?   I'm in if the pricing is the same as the street price for, say, an OM-03.

A 12-fret all-hog 00.   Who else even makes one of those?   Martin only offers the 00-15 as a 14-fretter, right?
Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob

Quote from: gitnoob on November 22, 2009, 08:17:57 PM
Any info on price?   I'm in if the pricing is the same as the street price for, say, an OM-03.

A 12-fret all-hog 00.   Who else even makes one of those?   Martin only offers the 00-15 as a 14-fretter, right?
Pricing will be clearer tomorrow. The Martin 15 series is out of production at the end of this year. Besides the 00-15 is sapele mostly and has a bracing that is not as appealing to me as the Larrivee OO bracing. OM-03 pricing ''street pricing" may be a little too low for these. But I am expecting a good value for a rare guitar that is only going to be rarer.
       I have never seen a Larrivee 00-** in all mahogany. I've only seen a picture of one 00-50 MT and that was put up today!

I suggest leaving the order process open for 1-2 weeks, as not everyone who might be interested checks into the forum every day, and it is the start of Thanksgiving week.

I think we should ask LArrivee if they have a way to get a couple instruments to Australia for a reasonable price if anyone there wants in.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on November 22, 2009, 08:45:25 PM

I think we should ask LArrivee if they have a way to get a couple instruments to Australia for a reasonable price if anyone there wants in.

Thanks for thinking of us Randy.  :thumbsup

Personally, as much as Id love one its a little to soon after my Martin purchase to be buying again, and Christmas is looming ($$$)...... And my wife would kill me. Yeah, that too....... :arrow

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.

Can we get one down to Nova Scotia sounds pretty good to me how would the number system be derived ( I missed the whole Forum III thing  :crying: ) In order of deposit with Jim?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 22, 2009, 11:02:34 PM
Can we get one down to Nova Scotia sounds pretty good to me how would the number system be derived ( I missed the whole Forum III thing  :crying: ) In order of deposit with Jim?

JOYCE
I imagine the numbering, if any,would be like the Forum III:  Number assigned when deposit received by Jim.  When I called him to place my order for the FIII he told me mine would be #3 of ___  and that's what it was.

Quote from: tuffythepug on November 22, 2009, 11:14:03 PM
JOYCE
I imagine the numbering, if any,would be like the Forum III:  Number assigned when deposit received by Jim.  When I called him to place my order for the FIII he told me mine would be #3 of ___  and that's what it was.

# 3 for the man who came up with 3 microdots on the 12th fret. This just doesn't feel right without (78) ricky. Where is that big smile anyway? Besides it would be good to rattle some brains a little with
                                                   BREAKING NEWS

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

Out of all the forum guitars, this one sounds the most interesting to me.  I hope this thing floats for you guys as I'm sure you'll get some great guitars.

I'll be passing now on a 4th forum guitar ... gotta jump in there one of these days/years

John
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

Forum-4 has a nice ring to it.   Or maybe the 00-03-4M.   :bgrin:
Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob

This is pretty much my dream guitar spec at present.  Small, all hog, 12 fret.   Couldn't ask for more.  Except for the cash to jump on board.   I hope a load of people jump on this so that they come up used in due course, but it is so specific an order that I think it will be more limited than before.

Great stuff though guys, I really hope to get to play one one day!

:cheers

Ben
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Enjoy.

But you are NOT going to suck me into this one....

RESIST!

:nana_guitar
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)