Larrivee Uke's

Started by fongie, November 09, 2008, 06:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G'day Lawn Jocky, you needn't apologise, the 'Mango uke' you purchased sounds very nice indeed. I'm sure you will enjoy for years to come.
Cheers
Fongie P.S. Looking forward to the pics  :thumb :thumb :thumb

'WOW', thats a serious looking uke, I like it very much. Very unusual have you played a uke similar before? I like to know what sound it brings out. Let us know.
Cheers
Fongie :thumb :thumb

Speaking of Larrivee uke's, one just popped up on ebay... at about the price range of a Parlor!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Larrivee-10KK-Gloss-FLAMED-SOPRANO-KOA-UKE-Breathtaking_W0QQitemZ330286873373QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330286873373&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Meanwhile, I'm happy with my Fluke Uke... yeah it's a plastic bowl back, but sounds 'good enough' for me for now, and I don't worry about banging it around!

Dave

G'day, I'm wondering if any of you good folks out there have the uke chords & lyrics to a song 'Judy Judy Judy' by Johnny Tillotson? Or any other artist.
Cheers
Fongie :donut :donut :donut

WOW! WOW! WOW! Lawn I want one exactly like this one. Oh how beautiful, just beautiful. Didn't I mention these Japanese are good craftmen. WOW! That is sure 'HOT', tou make me so jealous. Who did buy this uke from?
Cheers
Fongie :thumb :thumbsup :thumb :thumbsup :thumb :cheers

G'day Lawn, have you received this new uke yet? Man, I reckon you have got yourself a steal. Let us know
Cheers
Fongie

I bet you are, I'm just as excited. But right now I am confuse as to bid or not to bid for a Lav eagle florintine flame maple on the US ebay. It's around 2500.00 Aust. And the bidding ends Aust time around 1.30pm.
Cheers
Fongie P.S What do you recommend Ido?

Well Lawn that really helps. As you can see, we Aussies have not much of a choice in guitars especially Lavs. But again the same old thing $$$$. But your right, I'm leaning towards going for it 'cause these guitars comes around once in a bluemoon, especially for us Aussies.
Thanks
Fongie

Congratulations Scott and enjoy!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: NotRevGDavis on November 12, 2008, 11:09:23 AM

Don't take this wrong I own two Larrivee guitars and they are my #1 000-50 and #2 0-05 but it is too bad that Larrivee has a habit of building an instrument for a short time then discontinuing it. I guess I was quite lucky when I found the 0-05 because I have yet to see another.
I have seen other posts about your 0-05 but have you ever posted a picture?
                              And is the size a P or 00 size? I'd sure like to see (have :winkin:) it. :guitar

This place may still have a nice Larrivee ukulele.
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)

That's one of the nicest I've ever seen. And besides it was made in the state I was born in. I like it.

Lawn Jockey,
    If this one does not work out for you, consider a KoAloha.
They may not have all the bling, but they are well built and are superb players.
I love my Larrivee, but I prefer the Tenor size.

Good Luck
SD-60 SBT
O-50 TSB
OM-03 Koa
D-09 12 string
Gibson-J50
Gibson Blues King
A gaggle of ukes

Oh Lawn, I'm so, so, sorry to read what happen. This just blew me away, I couldn't imagine how you must feel. Well man, that 'POE' looks great, I mean it. Can you wait till me missus wake up so Icould post some info on my uke I purchased from Hawaii. It's solid Koa. I will give you all details of this brand , price and bloody honesty. So don't purchase nothin' till I get back to ya'. Anyway, the U.S$ blew me away yesterday, lost my Lav. eagle florentine. I just could't match you yanks with me miserable 60 cents or was it 55cents ,I don't know, still confuse from my lost. Anyway Buddy you hang in there
Cheers
Fongie

Are you ready Lawn, here goes.  This is the uke I bought, it's a "Kanile'a Soprano" solid koa, this is the website to Kanile"a http://kanileaukulele.com and go to home page.  Now this is to the web page for "Musicguymic"  they are the people I bought the uke off from Hawaii and their web page is musicguymic@aol.com
Kanile'a do make tenors, barritones, concerts and sopranos, also they sell in the top of the range models with extras added.  This uke is a good looking uke with solid koa and very reasonably priced. 
Cheers,
Fongie
P.S. This is the photos of mine that I have just received, very happy with the service and communication and fast postage from musicguymic

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: fongie on November 11, 2008, 02:32:42 AM
I like Kamakas, Aren't they suppose to be the Martin of ukes?

My opinion is that Martin is the Martin of ukes! I would love a simple style O. And a Larrivée!

G'day mate, your dead right, thats what I was told about 'Kamakas'. But in todays world, ukes are more widespread through uke gospels, the world is cashing in and the technology is far and beyond our imagination as long as it's not made in China and the wood is good, ukulele made well is as good as Kamaka. In actual fact, I've got a Japanese make from the 60's and it's awesome. Oh, the tone, WHEW, you couldn't imagine. One thing I luv and thats buying old ukes, most are cheap (provided they're in top nik), but the sound from the old wood is unimaginable. Like all instruments the older the better and like us, the more we play the better we get.
Cheers
Fongie :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance

G'day there Lawn and Aloha, hey man thanks for the uke underground web. Wow, never knew that existed. Oh it's great, but I also like to keep this going. I'm glad you like my uke, yes it's beautiful and plays like a dream. Trust me mate go for one of these, you won't be disappointed. Read your col. at the underground forum and noticed a few feedbacks for the Kanile'a, these guys are pretty good and very accurate. But what ever you decide my support will always be there to.
Cheers
Fongie :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance

G'day to all ya' folks out there, seein' that newbies on the lav guitars give out donuts and cuppatea, maybe newies on lav ukes should give out 'dancing bananas'. What do you folks reckon?
Cheers Fongie :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance