Warning: fopen(/home/larrivee/public_html/forum/cache/data_c8eb41764872e65b86fe28266a8f2ee4-SMF-modSettings.cache): failed to open stream: Disk quota exceeded in /home/larrivee/public_html/forum/Sources/Cache/APIs/FileBased.php on line 84
Forum Vocabulary

Forum Vocabulary

Started by pocketbass, January 23, 2008, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Okay I know that I am a rookie when it comes to forums,  :doh so my questions may seem rookie-ish.  I've been reading these words often and I don't know what they mean.  P/B,  bear claw top, and hog?  Sorry  :?

P/B = Phospour bronze, as in strings.
Bear Claw Top = figuring found in some spruce tops
hog = Mahogany
2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15

Thanks g-man!  Where could I find a pic of a bear claw top on a L-03R?

   Pocketbass you're going to hear this one a lot, and if you hang around here long enough, you will most certainly be afflicted with it.  It's GAS.  Their are a variety of well known remedies,(though very pretty & very expensive) and if treated properly, it usually can be kept under controll for short periods of time. An overwhelming majority of people who have been diagnosed with GAS are very prone to, (and actually enjoy) relapses.    GAS is, Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.   :nana_guitar TN

That's funny!   :laughin:I actually inquired about that abbreviation on another forum.  I definitely feel GAS every  time I go on this forum or the other one.  I wish I had the money, but my L-03R will have to be my only acoustic for a long time.  :guitar

Quote from: pocketbass on January 23, 2008, 02:50:28 PM
Thanks g-man!  Where could I find a pic of a bear claw top on a L-03R?
While not a L-03R, or even a Larrivee for that matter, here is a pic with a guitar with lots of bear claw.  Its basically all of those lvertical lines in the wood grain that you see here.
2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15

Quote from: pocketbass on January 23, 2008, 03:18:02 PM
That's funny!   :laughin:I actually inquired about that abbreviation on another forum.  I definitely feel GAS every  time I go on this forum or the other one.  I wish I had the money, but my L-03R will have to be my only acoustic for a long time.  :guitar
Not a bad guitar to have for the only one, not too bad at all.   :thumbsup
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Here's another example of bearclaw:



That one will be in my hands tomorrow - just a week shy of 1 year after I ordered it! w00!

well as another rookie I have to say thanks for th diagnosis. I just sold my bearclaw spruce LV-O3R and boy do I have GAS... I looked at a LSV-11 today as well as many other lesser L and OM models. I also picked up a Gibson Songwriter that played like butter and sounded....well.... like a Gibson. I also am tryin to purchase a LO-9E or possibly an old D-18  
That was after I got over the GAS for a OM 21(Martin) Then of course I had to pik a tune or 2 on a few Taylors.   But I really have to say none of them played or sounded any better than my LV-03R. I'm glad I sold it to my best friend.     nuff said, Danny Newbie :wacko:

Allright...in the for sale section you see the word Bump...as a Dutchman I have no clue what that means... :blush:

It's just a way to get the thread to the top. Keep it active. Could be any word really.

The term "bump" is usually used in the for sale forum to move the listing to the top for more exposure. Every time someone post's on a topic that topic moves to the top of the list. So lets say you start a topic to sell your guitar and after a week it's on the second page where very few people will even notice it, you post on your own topic (some people just type in bump meaning bump to the top) or maybe a friends to bring it back where it will be more visible and more likely to find a buyer.
Roger


"Live simply so that others may simply live"


Thanks to all    bump.....
Danny

BTT, or back to top, is sometimes used instead of Bump.  Also, GAS is also used sometimes - by me, for instance - as an abbreviation for Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  That's because is more inclusive, i.e., also covers basses, amps, effects, etc. 
LV-09CE, LS-10, OM-09, 00-50TBS and numerous other guitars and basses

Powered by EzPortal