p6 REVIEW - My First Larri - OO-09

Started by rpm60912, November 14, 2008, 11:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magictwanger... the Parlor is classified as O. Then, there's the Larri out-of-production OO - as Danny correctly points out.

Look at Forums like this & AGF acoustic guitar forum (you probably are a member there too already) and they do show up.

For instance, there's a OO-50 currently listed here, owned formerly by Tadol, whose opinions I highly respect. Beautiful guitar.
It's mahogany, but there are faithful hog-fans around here.

In fact, I tested a Sapele b&s LV-03E today at a store and was quite impressed - which is a pleasant surprise because I'm biased towards RW.

There's another OO-10E Custom that was listed late Oct - early Nov - I don't know if that's sold.

I hope that helps. With much patience, you should land one.

Warmly,

ricky  :smile:

Not sure this is allowed so moderators please remove if it isn't, there is one listed on Schoneberg Guitars, www.om28.com.

:donut :donut2 :donut

Thanks for clueing me in Ricky.Ive got alot to learn -:)

Quote from: magictwanger on November 25, 2008, 12:34:18 AM
Thanks for clueing me in Ricky.Ive got alot to learn -:)

magictwanger... check out the website posted by jrdavies. I looked at it... and there's another fine example of the OO.

jrdavies... thanks! I don't think you're out of line - thanks for the tip. Hope magictwanger finds this guitar suitable. Man, they have some blingin' guitars listed. Wow!!!

With the OO being so hard to find... I'm grateful for all the leads. That's how some recent purchases took place here. Forum members looking out for each other.

:smile: ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 21, 2008, 03:33:30 PM
It's on the way to Canada!!!  :nanadance Yeepee!!! ricky  :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut2

Congrats on picking a beauty.

Alberta bound, Alberta bound
It's good to be Alberta bound

Haven't been there since about '95, got friends in Calgary (SE).  Remember Heidi and Howdy from the winter Olympics??

Quote from: pigtown on November 25, 2008, 07:25:28 AM
Congrats on picking a beauty.

Alberta bound, Alberta bound
It's good to be Alberta bound

Haven't been there since about '95, got friends in Calgary (SE).  Remember Heidi and Howdy from the winter Olympics??

Is pigtown a.k.a. hogtown? Home of the Maple Leafs? Thanks for the congrats!

I checked FedEx today and delivery date is Dec 1. It started its journey Nov 21. Oh, the wait. Patience.

By all means come to Alberta... I'm 2.5 hrs north - Deadmonton....oooopss sorry... Edmonton.  :humour:

ricky

I'll answer for pigtown.  Pigtown is a John Gorka song.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on November 25, 2008, 02:11:19 PM
Thanks Randy. I'm embarrassed - I should look up that song and artist.  :?
ricky

Quote from: Randy_R on November 25, 2008, 02:11:19 PM

You go, Randy.  Promnight In Pigtown to be exact.  It would sound good on a 00-09 I bet.  John Gorka can be seen on a couple of cd pics with Larrivee L models, 6 & 12.

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 25, 2008, 10:59:40 AM
By all means come to Alberta... I'm 2.5 hrs north - Deadmonton....oooopss sorry... Edmonton.  :humour:

ricky

Closest I got to Edmonton was Jasper.

Ricky,

Congratulations on your Larri. I too am a recent owner and am very thrilled with mine. You have far more guts than I do. I am still at the terrified stage of a guitar getting broken in the shipping process.

I hope she comes soon. Enjoy.

Lynda
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on November 25, 2008, 06:23:00 PM
Ricky,

Congratulations on your Larri. I too am a recent owner and am very thrilled with mine. You have far more guts than I do. I am still at the terrified stage of a guitar getting broken in the shipping process.

I hope she comes soon. Enjoy.

Lynda

Truth be told Lynda, I'm a little uptight now - since FedEx seems to be taking the scenic route. My 2 Taylors from Ebay (eastern USA) did not take as long as this one.

Good thing, we're still not into the deep freeze temperatures. Let's see: from Ohio, Minnesota, North Dakota... it's getting closer. Then, there's customs...  :crying:

Aaaaaagggghhhhh...... just a little more patience; and I sure hope for a happy ending to the OO's trek to Edmonton.

Enjoy your guitar too (hug Holly for me) - I envied you when you got yours - when I was new to the Forum last month !!!  :nice guitar:

ricky

(hug Holly for me)

That was startling. The I remembered it's a guitar's name. While I still don't get the naming thing, if you must name a guitar, you could do worse.

holly (not a guitar)
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on November 26, 2008, 07:03:36 PM
(hug Holly for me)

That was startling. The I remembered it's a guitar's name. While I still don't get the naming thing, if you must name a guitar, you could do worse.

holly (not a guitar)
holly (not a guitar)... pardon me. But, there are those handshake people. And there are the hugging types, like me.  :humour: So at the risk of being too familiar, since it really feels like family in this Forum... I hope virtual hugs are not against the rules.  :smile: Happy Thanksgiving!
PS - from another thread in the For Sale... you bought a Blackwood L right? I hope you start a thread about your thoughts on your guitar.

ricky

Quote from: strawintogold on November 26, 2008, 07:03:36 PM
(hug Holly for me)

holly (not a guitar)

:bgrin:

Ricky, enjoy the anticipation and the fact that some of us are envious of your 00-09 on its way! Just be sure to let the package and then the case adjust to room temp before you take the guitar out. Don't want anything to mess up that finish!

And my wife and I are driving down to our hometown in southeast Georgia for Thanksgiving. It's supposed to be 70F on Friday.  :winkin:

Bill

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

How long is this 00-09 taking to arrive ricky????  I don't know how you can survive the anticipation.  When I ordered my D-09 they said it would be 7-14 days, as the dealer had to ship it in from the States and then set it up before shipping it to me.  It arrived within 36 hours!!!!  I don't know how, but I sure wasn't complaining.  They had also set it up sweet and put a bone nut on it.  Magic.

It'll be worth the wait though, I just know I wouldn't be able to cope!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 26, 2008, 06:22:50 PM
Truth be told Lynda, I'm a little uptight now - since FedEx seems to be taking the scenic route. My 2 Taylors from Ebay (eastern USA) did not take as long as this one.

Good thing, we're still not into the deep freeze temperatures. Let's see: from Ohio, Minnesota, North Dakota... it's getting closer. Then, there's customs...  :crying:

Aaaaaagggghhhhh...... just a little more patience; and I sure hope for a happy ending to the OO's trek to Edmonton.

ricky

All kidding aside, this is an insane wait. The holiday doesn't help, but still . . . . Hope it's worth the wait. I bet it will be.

Best,
Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Ricky may have gold member status before this 00 arrives :whistling:

Quote from: BenF on November 27, 2008, 07:08:13 AM

:roll :roll :roll :roll
Ben... thanks for the chuckle !!!   I'm dealing with FedEx for the first time and wished I had stuck to the usual UPS - as with my 2 previous US-guitar purchases.

It's taking forever..... :crying:  I should tell FedEx that... Gold Status? Yah think... I just hope I don't have arthritis before it arrives!  :rolleye:

There is a perfect time for everything.  I should really be thankful... :nanadance

Again... thanks for the laugh!!!  You made my day... Happy Thanksgiving!!!  ricky.... Dec 2 - estimated time... I hope! :ohmy: