p6 REVIEW - My First Larri - OO-09

Started by rpm60912, November 14, 2008, 11:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tick-tock tick-tock......     :nanadance
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Where is Ricky today?  Has the excitement got to much for him? 
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Man, and I thought I was neurotic waiting for each of my Larrivees.   :bgrin:

Ricky, your enthusiasm and obvious delight as the hour approaches is very entertaining.  :roll

I really wish I could be a fly on the wall when you open the case and get your first look.  That would be priceless.   You're gonna love that thing.......Even after you get the new "forum guitar" this one will always be your first and it will be special in many, many ways.
Thanks for the infusion of a little enthusiasm around this old place.  Obviously it has been contagious.   :thumb

Enjoy

Tuffythepug

The Fedex package arrived at 2:00 PM Mountain Time... and it's 4:05 PM now... still in the box.

On the drive to work this morning, I took a second glance at what used to be invisible to me... a Fedex truck.

Box is warm to the touch... should I open it?   How long should I wait?

It's freezing outside... dunno in Farenheit but, -10 C...    let's see 32 is 0 so it's 10 degrees below freezing.

Looks like Customs Canada never bothered to open it ?   Box looks ok, no visible damage to box.   
:laughin: :laughin:( I can't believe I'm describing this dumb box instead of the OO ). :laughin:

Thanks for waiting with me.... it's here... it's here at last... but still in the box !!!

Yey !!! Yey !!!   It's like Christmas morning... and I'm like 7 years old again... opening my first toy!!!

Thanks Tuffy & Randy & Ben...

ricky

Take it out of the box but leave the case closed for a couple hours, then open the case just enough to feel the top. If it doesn't feel too cold open the lid, if you get frostbite on your fingers close the case quickly and let it set a couple more hours and repeat the process.

Congrats on the new guit.
  :donut2  :donut2  :coffee
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

What if they did open it and swapped it for an esteban, and you can't look until it warms up! :humour: :nice guitar:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Ricky-- Enjoy your new 00.  My heart is beating from all this anticipation. :humour: 

I can certainly relate.  I once was so eager for my new guitar to arrive that I pulled into the store parking lot when I saw the UPS truck because I had called that morning and knew it was on the truck; sure enough it was and I was very happy!  Thanks for the vicarious thrill. :bgrin:

DAVE
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 03, 2008, 05:24:29 PM
Take it out of the box but leave the case closed for a couple hours, then open the case just enough to feel the top. If it doesn't feel too cold open the lid, if you get frostbite on your fingers close the case quickly and let it set a couple more hours and repeat the process.

Congrats on the new guit.
  :donut2  :donut2  :coffee

Shall do... very carefully. Thanks. ricky

Don't forget.... :gotpics:.... But that can wait. In fact we all can wait once you get it out. PLAY IT  :guitar
                                       Glad you finally got it, I think Ben would have got it sooner :wacko:

A word to the wise. Your wife WILL remember this. If and when you have kids, you better act at LEAST this excited at the birth.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

On my 236th post... finally, I have my very own Larrivee... goodbye forever Taylor 816ce.

Whoa!   Hooohooohooohoooheeehaaaa!!!!  Thank You God, my first Larrivee is here!

YEEEPEE !!!!

It's an out-of-production new old stock Larrivee OO-09 !!!   As if Y'all didn't know that already.

Opened the box, case is warm to the touch, cracked open the case, touched the git, hands did not freeze.

Took it out. Swallowed a lot to not drool over it. Embraced it.

She's home with Tatay (Filipino/Tagalog for Daddy)...
and sang my 2 favorite new hymns... Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God" & Brenton Brown's "Everlasting God" (nothing religious okay?... just thankful !!!)...
after all, the main usage of this OO is at church.

I would have a P-09 now but not anymore...
if it weren't for jmlab (he's selling his OOO-60E still because I did not buy it), Danny, Tuffy, Tad, Lynda and all the rest of you,
who advised me to get an OO if I can find one. Almost bought a OO-10E Custom for 700bucks more than I paid for a spanking brand new one - this!

No donuts.... just HUGS HUGS HUGS... ok!!!   :roll I'm happy  :nana_guitar :nanadance but not weird, okay?  :wacko:

:gotpics: I'm recharging my battery... just like when my first daughter was born, I stopped by a convenience store on the way to the hospital to buy film
while my wife was in labor !!!  She's stuck with me still... and tolerates my guitar insanity.

Sorry... I gotta play it again.

Pics later... if I can post it.   (it's 600+ KB & we have a max of 400KB to post - how do I lower the setting in my camera when it's already at 0.3megapix?)

ricky

Quote from: dependan on December 03, 2008, 06:45:32 PM

Glad you finally got it, I think Ben would have got it sooner :wacko:

Yes, I should have driven to Ohio. Gotta play it again. ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 03, 2008, 06:53:15 PM
Yes, I should have driven to Ohio. Gotta play it again. ricky

Just enjoy playing it, but if you take pics and don't want to figure out how to post them right now, you can e-mail them to me and I'll resize and post them.
                                                dependan@gmail.com

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 03, 2008, 06:51:16 PM
On my 236th post... finally, I have my very own Larrivee... goodbye forever Taylor 816ce.

Whoa!   Hooohooohooohoooheeehaaaa!!!!  Thank You God, my first Larrivee is here!

YEEEPEE !!!!

It's an out-of-production new old stock Larrivee OO-09 !!!   As if Y'all didn't know that already.

Opened the box, case is warm to the touch, cracked open the case, touched the git, hands did not freeze.

Took it out. Swallowed a lot to not drool over it. Embraced it.

She's home with Tatay (Filipino/Tagalog for Daddy)...
and sang my 2 favorite new hymns... Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God" & Brenton Brown's "Everlasting God" (nothing religious okay?... just thankful !!!)...
after all, the main usage of this OO is at church.

I would have a P-09 now but not anymore...
if it weren't for jmlab (he's selling his OOO-60E still because I did not buy it), Danny, Tuffy, Tad, Lynda and all the rest of you,
who advised me to get an OO if I can find one. Almost bought a OO-10E Custom for 700bucks more than I paid for a spanking brand new one - this!

No donuts.... just HUGS HUGS HUGS... ok!!!   :roll I'm happy  :nana_guitar :nanadance but not weird, okay?  :wacko:

:gotpics: I'm recharging my battery... just like when my first daughter was born, I stopped by a convenience store on the way to the hospital to buy film
while my wife was in labor !!!  She's stuck with me still... and tolerates my guitar insanity.

Sorry... I gotta play it again.

Pics later... if I can post it.   (it's 600+ KB & we have a max of 400KB to post - how do I lower the setting in my camera when it's already at 0.3megapix?)

ricky

Absolutely priceless, Ricky. And I love where the Larri will be put to use.  :thumb  Enjoy it and I'm sure others will, also.

Blessings,
Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: Broadus on December 03, 2008, 09:08:58 PM
Absolutely priceless, Ricky. And I love where the Larri will be put to use.  :thumb  Enjoy it and I'm sure others will, also.

Blessings,
Bill

Thanks Bill...blessings to you too !!!

my first impressions:  very bright sounding for a rosewood, surprising volume coming from a little body.

Can handle my moderate emphatic strumming without falling apart !!!

ricky  :nana_guitar

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 03, 2008, 09:29:28 PM
Thanks Bill...blessings to you too !!!

my first impressions:  very bright sounding for a rosewood, surprising volume coming from a little body.

Can handle my moderate emphatic strumming without falling apart !!!

ricky  :nana_guitar
Very nice, new strings of various types will give you some subtle changes in tone. Plus it needs a lot of "playing in time". It's like a brand new pair of shoes, sorta.

Ricky-- 

I told you to enjoy your new 00 on my earlier post.  What a stupid thing to say :blush:, as if you need someone to tell you to eat when you're famished.  Be sure to wipe any drool off your new toy before you fall asleep with it in your arms, and please put it in its case before you put it under your pillow. :humour:  We are happy for you brother!  :wave

DAVE
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: ncognito on December 03, 2008, 09:54:06 PM
Ricky-- 
Be sure to wipe any drool off your new toy before you fall asleep with it in your arms, and please put it in its case before you put it under your pillow. :humour:  We are happy for you brother!  :wave

Dave, I'm only 2 years older since buying my first acoustic ever, a Seagull Entourage. Bought a new Taylor 410e LTD Walnut and 2 more T's after...my new Ami...

but... I don't ever remember being this excited about a guitar!!!    Hay Yay Yay... I hope this novel feeling will mature to deeper appreciation...

I'm glad there are others around like youS (my English teacher will flunk me)... to share, encourage and exchange tips along the journey.

ricky :smile:

Some pics... pardon the poor quality.

Here's the new baby with a very nervous T-koa.

ricky  :guitar

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here's the face... with a PG for a strummer like moi  :nana_guitar

... resting in the arch top case w bill of sale from Wildwood Music in Coshocton, Ohio

Thanks Don & Marty for a warm, friendly service... you have a few more delicious ones I wouldn't mind having... but I'll let other Forumites enjoy 'em.

For now, contented... until the next GAS attack

ricky

[attachment deleted by admin]