Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "New in the works"  (Read 188 times)
jpmist

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2021, 03:00:40 PM »

This post below raised my eyebrows a bit. From from this mornings Facebook Larrivee group it shows what looks to me to be a C, L or LS body.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2210155417

Pondering that if it's an LS then maybe the new Forum model might be a test bed of sorts for the new NAMM offering?

"Built for finger stylists without compromise"

My guess would be a 03 version of their LSV model as a 14 fret since they just offered the 12 fret C-03R-TE  Tommy Emmanuel. Kinda makes me wonder what specs make for a uncompromised finger stylists guitar?

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44 • Larrivee OO-03 SS • Taylor 322ce • Gretch 9521 • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 06:17:33 PM »

Maybe it will have Larrivee's version of Martin's new SC-13e bolt-on neck...

whistling

All guitars are left-handed:

1979 L-19
1988 L-04 (04 = 09 with Flamed Maple b&s)
1992 OM-05
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 06:39:32 PM »

Interesting. "Without compromise" would rule out an 03 to my interpretation and seems like it would be a high end model. Looking forward to the reveal.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 06:46:54 PM »

Interesting. "Without compromise" would rule out an 03 to my interpretation and seems like it would be a high end model. Looking forward to the reveal.

I tend to agree with you on that, as - in *my* ears' experience - 05/09 Series and up gloss bodied Larrivees do have a better tone (more refined, more clarity to the notes) than 03 Series/satin bodied models do. Not trying to start a fight - just saying that's what my ears are hearing.

All guitars are left-handed:

1979 L-19
1988 L-04 (04 = 09 with Flamed Maple b&s)
1992 OM-05
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 10:18:06 PM »

Sigh.
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 02:21:36 PM »

Some FB guy named Mark Jenkins on Facebook piped up with my own thinking . . .

"Maybe an LSV-03. Since the new Forum VI guitar that is currently in production is a 12 fret, LS body (the V was an option for this, limited, custom build.) Maybe, Jean and his sons decided to make more of the same body, to optimize the production line? Certainly plausible. I like the anticipation. However, since I have a Forum VI on order, I will most likely have to take a pass on this one. At least for a year or two."

Don't know much about factory efficiency but it does seem likely that since the guys are doing a special build it's not much of an issue to add a few NAMM versions to it.

My guess is gonna be a 12-fret LSV-10- Moonwood/Walnut with much abalone bling. That should make it sufficiently different from the existing LSV-11 which once-upon-a-time was marketed as their premier finger-style model.

<"Sigh">. LOL!!!

I'm guessing that gloss-finished sounds crisper than their satin counterparts is a long running controversy that I'm going to pass on. That's always been my impression as well. As I currently have two pairs of OO's in both satin and gloss, I'd be 100% certain of gloss being brighter if the satin models weren't short scale.

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44 • Larrivee OO-03 SS • Taylor 322ce • Gretch 9521 • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 05:27:33 PM »

After the Forum IV, there were lots of OO’s made..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 05:32:08 PM »

I'm thinking it will be a 12 fret, either LSV or CS.
The Larrivee company Facebook has had a bunch of fingerstyle videos, plus a comparison video of Matt Thomas and Dustin Furlow CS guitars, built at the same time out of same woods (zircote and sitka), one a 12 fret and one a 14, and asking for reactions. The 12 fret won walking away. Plus, Larrivee is paying attention to the interest in 12 fret guitars, per some article I read.
I know Larrivee had recently built some LS-body guitars, because in May 2021 John asked Jean to measure the depth of body for us when that question came up. That means they were still at Oxnard. I didn't even think to ask what those were made of, or what stage of completion. If they were a special order for a dealer, we should see them advertised at some point. If they were "in the works" then the timing is right, cause Larrivee would want to do a proof of concept to make sure the guitar was worthy and special, and the inlays would take some time to design and implement.
The "uncompromising" part sort of informs me some uncompromising guitarists were involved, and it is going to be a very cool guitar.
Of course all the above is probably hot air.
Mike
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 06:07:36 PM »

But, .................... there's only + / - 14  Forum VI guitars being made for a *lucky* select few. 

Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
& "others"
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 07:40:18 PM »

But, .................... there's only + / - 14  Forum VI guitars being made for a *lucky* select few. 
Yes! And we all sort of know each other as well. The "in the works" guitar owners will most likely all be strangers, alone, isolated.
Mike
markj

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 10:22:42 AM »

Some FB guy named Mark Jenkins on Facebook piped up with my own thinking . . .

"Maybe an LSV-03. Since the new Forum VI guitar that is currently in production is a 12 fret, LS body (the V was an option for this, limited, custom build.) Maybe, Jean and his sons decided to make more of the same body, to optimize the production line? Certainly plausible. I like the anticipation. However, since I have a Forum VI on order, I will most likely have to take a pass on this one. At least for a year or two."

1977 Classical
2014 L-03 ( Sold June 23, 2018  crying )
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: