Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee LS-10 Custom Shop "Leaf & Flower #1" inlays, near MINT! (1984-5)  (Read 101 times)
cp_bradshaw

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2021, 04:19:54 AM »

Selling this Estate guitar which I bought only 2 years ago ... I have Parkinsons and unfortunately it has moved faster that I expected and this guitar has not been played by me.  

It is a unique guitar in that it was purchased from the Custom Shop (Larrivee, who else?) between 1984 and 1985 (according to the serial number and some help from the good folks at Larrivee) by Joe Bethancourt.  Joe was a famed Folk Musician in Az and round about.  He passed away just a few years ago and was soon inducted into the Folk Music Hall of Fame in Arizona.    I was invited to look at his collection of more than 100 guitars and "like" instruments ..he was amazing with an instrument.  I have been a Larrivee fan since my first purchase a number of years ago.  When I saw that he had twin Larrivee's available "to the right candidate"  (and one came from the Custom Shop), I jumped at the chance to take a look at them and was please to be able to buy them both (a classic nylon as well).    

This guitar is pristine, indeed MINT (less some light scuff no the clear pick guard).  Not a mark, scratch or dent .. PERFECT.  It was ordered with the "Leaf & Flower #1" inlay on the neck and head stock.  Abalone rosette, purfling, .. , even the pins have inlay!  Give a listen on the link below.  Check the Reverb add for more specifics and lots of pics.    As you would expect, Indian Rosewood where it should be, Eboy and Mahogony as well.  Schaller tuners.  Hard case with new set of vintage strings, capo and even the truss rod wrench it came with new.

Asking $4300 ... accepting offers.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhSJ-9euvwI

Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/42102850-larrivee-ls-10-1984-1985-custom-shop-order-leaf-flower-1-rare-near-mint?publish_confirmation=true

* IMG_3215 (1).jpg (299.33 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 9 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: