Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Out There?  (Read 439 times)
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2021, 01:06:39 PM »

All very true except, it seems to me that music just is not as important in young people's lives these days. With free streaming etc. I don't think most have the interest or patience to actually listen to anything in its entirety. Heck, I don't. If you buy something, you'll at least give it a listen or two. Then there's auto tuning.    
Ah, great point.  I was talking to a co-worker about this very thing of late.  We were talking about going to the mall back in the 80s, having only $10 or $15 we had saved, and agonizing over what "tape" to buy.  We had to keep enough money for a slice of pizza and soda pop at the food court too!  When we did finally choose our tape, we'd get it home and often SIT AND LISTEN to the whole thing several times, all while devouring every bit of the liner notes.  Man, talk about fun times and wonderful memories! 

There are probably some odd young folks out there today with serious Luddite tendencies who are kicking against the spirit of the age, buying CDs, and trying to recapture what it was like for us back in the day. 
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2021, 01:56:59 PM »

Ah, great point.  I was talking to a co-worker about this very thing of late.  We were talking about going to the mall back in the 80s, having only $10 or $15 we had saved, and agonizing over what "tape" to buy.  We had to keep enough money for a slice of pizza and soda pop at the food court too!  When we did finally choose our tape, we'd get it home and often SIT AND LISTEN to the whole thing several times, all while devouring every bit of the liner notes.  Man, talk about fun times and wonderful memories! 

There are probably some odd young folks out there today with serious Luddite tendencies who are kicking against the spirit of the age, buying CDs, and trying to recapture what it was like for us back in the day. 

Ah the good old days! I gather some are even buying vinyl. I love the Bosch series on Prime. Great soundtrack, great jazz and a prominent turntable! Good show too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: