Forum VI - Larrivee specs and ordering information

Started by mike in lytle, June 16, 2021, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread is for specs and ordering information for the Forum VI guitar.

Not really for discussion, but not going to say no to it, because some folks may have questions.
The original discussion thread is at...
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=54564.0 titled...   
"Forum VI (based on Forum III) any interest?"

This first post is general. It may be edited from time to time.
The second post will contain John Larrivee's post regarding ordering direct from Larrivee.
Note - There is no dealer involved with the F-VI.

The Forum VI is based on the Forum III from 2009 (12 fret LS-03), but really is a different guitar.
Walnut back and sides, moonwood top, 40-series bracing, and a custom VI inlay at the 12th fret, on an otherwise blank fretboard.
Other evolutionary Larrivee changes include a 16 inch fretboard radius and a simplified truss rod access.
20 sets of walnut (plus a few more) have been set aside for the Forum VI.
------------------------
EDIT 6-20-2021
Eleven guitars have been ordered since Sunday June 13. On Friday, 6-18-2021 John Jr. began contacting those who have emailed to confirm the order and get deposits.
------------------------
EDIT 6-25-2021
Actual ordered number is 11.
Orders will be taken until June 30.
-----------------------
EDIT 7-1-2021
Per John Jr, we have 14 guitars ordered.
2 extra LS and 2 extra LSV will be made (RH presumed) and those will be held back until all orders are successfully filled. Anyone wanting one of those can still email John and have their name put on a waiting list.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

This is John Larrivee's post from June 13, 2021
-------------------------------------
Hi Folks,
Starting off here with a BIG thanks to Mike for starting things up, keeping it going, and bringing it to the finish line. He's been a great moderator and keeping you all corralled. Below is a summary of everything. The Larrivée's will provide Mike with build updates and photos to post along the way. In the end, you can all go back and see what guitars ended up being yours. We will photo document as much as possible. Jean is pretty pumped knowing the Forum gang has collectively come together for another Forum Guitar. He is truly thrilled... we all are.

Forum VI Guitar
• LS-03 Walnut Custom

Custom Spec
• Moonwood Top
• 12 Fret Neck Joint
• Scalloped Bracing
• "VI" 12th Fret Inlay
• Custom Signed Label

Options
• Venetian Cutaway
• Left-Handed
• LR Baggs Pickup

Pricing
Forum VI = $2199
VI-Cutaway = $2536
Baggs Pickup = $299 (Choice of any pickup)
Left-handed = N/C
Flattop Hardshell case is included.

*20% non-refundable Custom deposit required.
No changes to order after the order is confirmed.

When you are ready to commit, please send the following information to forumvi@larrivee.com. Be patient, you will be contacted.
1. Full name
2. Forum handle name
3. Email Address
4. Phone number (specify mobile or landline)
*This email is strictly for order purposes only. This is not an information hotline. Please do not use it for inquiries. Mike is your main contact.

Build time is estimated at 6-12 months. When completed, you will be contacted for final payment. At which time you will be provided with tracking information and an $85 shipping fee will also be collected. Outside of the continental USA, shipping will be prorated at time of completion.

Did I miss anything?

Below is a photo sent by John Jr. when Larrivee was picking out the walnut sets.
Really good wood.

Humbly bumping this post, for the next few days until ordering ends on June 30.
Eleven ordered so far.
Mike

Looks like I'm late to the party to try to get in on ordering one of these.  How did these turn out and sound?

You're not just late, you are in an alternate universe. 

I'm sure you will hear from others but mine is amazing.  Perfect size and it sounds like none of the others that I've got.  Play it every day and love it.  A keeper...

However, a couple have come up for sale.  If you see one for sale, it won't be mine, grab it.

My Forum VI had the best setup out of the gate of any guitar I own including 2 other Larrivees and 3 Martins. I added the Venetian cutaway and Anthem Dual Source pickup which I ran through a Loudbox mini.

I was also the last person out of 19 to receive their Forum VI. I've seen two come up for sale but mine isn't and mine won't be one of them.

They turned out really, really well! And if you peek in the For Sale section, I think there's still one for sale at a very reasonable price.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Quote from: dazdarren on November 05, 2022, 04:55:05 PM
Looks like I'm late to the party to try to get in on ordering one of these.  How did these turn out and sound?
Yeah, a little late. You not only missed the F-VI, I noticed you also missed out on a Forum T-shirt many years ago.
I've said a couple times now that after we threw the book away on price that we came up with a great guitar by accident.
Mine is now at Guitar Tex finally getting the optimum set up done after have done my own surgery to it last January and having played it enough it enough I have visible fret wear.
Anyhow, I sometimes go and look at posts of posters I am not familiar with and it flipped me out you had (have) a F-III and also, I think one of the LS-03 Notable guitars.
Your funniest comment about a potential new Forum guitar...."I'd be all over a OO Walnut like a fat kid on a M&M". That was from 2015.
Mike

I actually do have one of the Forum shirts and yes also the F-III and the LS 3 from Notable Guitars. i miss Notable Guitars....one of the better dealers at the time.  The last couple years I've lost the inspiration to play and as a result havent been on the Forum for ages.  I did miss out on what seems to be a gem of a guitar in the F-iV

Quote from: dazdarren on November 06, 2022, 10:41:04 PM
I actually do have one of the Forum shirts and yes also the F-III and the LS 3 from Notable Guitars. i miss Notable Guitars....one of the better dealers at the time.  The last couple years I've lost the inspiration to play and as a result havent been on the Forum for ages.  I did miss out on what seems to be a gem of a guitar in the F-iV
You have the two guitars that compliment the F-VI the most, hang onto them.
Inspiration... sometimes that happens. Hang in there.
Mike

Out of curiosity - are these all gone and are they available outside of the US?
Larrivee OM-02
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-03BH
Larrivee OM-05
Larrivee L-05

guitarman001 - not sure if you are asking about the Forum VI or the shirts.  No idea about the shirts.  But, the FVI are all 'gone' in the sense that the ones that were made were made to the custom order by the folks on this forum.

There have been some FVI's that have come up for resale and, yes, outside the US as well.  Check our For Sale section.

I joined this forum right after the forum VI was designed and orders taken, so I missed out as well. Looks like an amazing guitar!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

I will add that it is indeed an amazing guitar.  I find it is the one I pick up the most and enjoy playing it every day.  If either of you two find one on the resale market, grab it.  It won't be mine though.   :wink:

Quote from: jazzereh on December 30, 2022, 01:39:34 PM
I will add that it is indeed an amazing guitar.  I find it is the one I pick up the most and enjoy playing it every day.  If either of you two find one on the resale market, grab it.  It won't be mine though.   :wink:
There is a lefty F-VI on Reverb for a VERY good price and free shipping. Pretty sure it would not be free to UK.
https://reverb.com/item/60318106-larrivee-forum-vi-ls-custom-left-handed-2021
A new bridge, saddle and nut would convert this to RH for a not a lot of money.
The non-symmetrical bracing would add some bass to the treble strings, ha ha.
It already has the side dot fret markers on both sides of the neck.
Mike

I am very very late to this party, but have been away from this forum (and guitar) for a few years due to work and having a baby.

I hope the forum guitar trend continues because I love my Forum IV guitar and hope to get in on Forum VII in the future!
2005 Larrivée  LV-03
2010 Larrivée  00-03 Forum IV
2011 Larrivée  RS-04
2013 Larrivée  D-40