Forum VI (based on Forum III) any interest?

Started by mike in lytle, May 07, 2021, 10:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I know you weren't asking me since I've ordered but...

For me the pricing is hitting about Cdn $3000 all in and that was a bit to swallow so maybe some folks might be hesitant due to that.  I'd say to them, this is going to be a very unique guitar and that's why I jumped.

Second, I've got another two guitars on custom order that I'm prepared to wait until next year for the guitar to be in my hands.  Given I could walk into some music store and play any generic, off the wall guitar, and go home with something that maybe I'd sell in a year, this special order and unique build is worth the wait time.  If you are the kind that needs instant gratification, ok, but give some real thought to what you will end up with once these FVI's are done.  Priceless

Mike,

I could mention this build on AGF. It might bring an interested party or two.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Forum III is good, maybe Forum VI should be better. :nana_guitar

I sent my information to confirm my order. Right handed model with Venetian cutaway.

I have two questions that I would like to ask when we get instructions to submit our down payment.

Quote from: teh on June 18, 2021, 06:16:48 AM
I sent my information to confirm my order. Right handed model with Venetian cutaway.
I have two questions that I would like to ask when we get instructions to submit our down payment.
Alright! That makes 10 that we know of, I think.
John will be contacting each person directly via phone, starting today I think, to confirm orders and collect down payment.
Are the questions for John, the group, or about the guitar?
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: jazzereh on June 17, 2021, 08:24:36 PM
I know you weren't asking me since I've ordered but...

For me the pricing is hitting about Cdn $3000 all in and that was a bit to swallow so maybe some folks might be hesitant due to that.  I'd say to them, this is going to be a very unique guitar and that's why I jumped.

Second, I've got another two guitars on custom order that I'm prepared to wait until next year for the guitar to be in my hands.  Given I could walk into some music store and play any generic, off the wall guitar, and go home with something that maybe I'd sell in a year, this special order and unique build is worth the wait time.  If you are the kind that needs instant gratification, ok, but give some real thought to what you will end up with once these FVI's are done.  Priceless
Actually, your input is really good, especially so since your interest is Canadian builds.
And your points well taken. Maybe just going with the flow is better. Maybe I think too much.
Mike

Quote from: markj on June 17, 2021, 08:31:21 PM
Mike,
I could mention this build on AGF. It might bring an interested party or two.
Don't get yourself banned!
Didn't we talk about this at some point?
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on June 18, 2021, 06:58:57 AM
Don't get yourself banned!
Didn't we talk about this at some point?
Mike

I don't recall talking about this.

Why would I get banned? I am a Premium Member at AGF.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

I am on the fence due to price.  Still pondering it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote from: markj on June 18, 2021, 10:15:14 AM

Mark, the mods have gotten on me for mentioning another forum on AGF rules forbid it

I have however sent pm's to a number of AGF members about this build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: markj on June 18, 2021, 10:15:14 AM
You wouldn't get banned.
I was just being my normal, over the top, hyperbolic self.
I will try and tone it down.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on June 17, 2021, 08:10:58 PM

REQUEST
The number of orders is kind of low at this point, and I can imagine two reasons why.
1. Price
2. Schedule

I would like to hear from those of us who have not decided to get onboard with the F-VI thus far.
As far as price goes, it is fair.
As far as schedule goes, I think 6 months to a year is not very specific, and leaves a LOT to be desired as far as scheduling goes.
My task as Herder isn't over, and I need to know the concerns of those who have not placed orders, so that I can re-direct my efforts to getting this project done in an acceptable manner to us forum members.
Mike

I did swallow a little hard at the price, but I'm on board. We're getting premium woods on this instrument, plus a unique build (12 fret LS w/40 Series bracing), so it's justified.

Regarding the build schedule, I'd suggest being optimistic: I ordered a guitar from Larrivee during Covid, expecting at least a 6-month wait, and it was finished in 3-4 months.

I'm NOT saying there's any guarantee that will happen with this build, but I think we'll be closer to 6 months (once the order is finalized) rather than a year.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Just hung up from my call from John. I'm a paid deposit, optimistic, happy Larrivee Forum VI guitar orderer!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 18, 2021, 12:39:23 PM
I did swallow a little hard at the price, but I'm on board. We're getting premium woods on this instrument, plus a unique build (12 fret LS w/40 Series bracing), so it's justified.

Regarding the build schedule, I'd suggest being optimistic: I ordered a guitar from Larrivee during Covid, expecting at least a 6-month wait, and it was finished in 3-4 months.

I'm NOT saying there's any guarantee that will happen with this build, but I think we'll be closer to 6 months (once the order is finalized) rather than a year.
I was actually surprised at the price because I have been calculating the MSRP as we have progressed designing the guitar, using Larrivee numbers, and then figuring out percentage discounts using online resources. Not hard. My estimate was high.
Also, when John and I spoke earlier (and again today), we talked about the schedule AGAIN, and John says barring supply chain issues (like can't get truss rods or something), the guitars should be done within 6 months. So your thoughts are good!
Mike

Quote from: Riverbend on June 18, 2021, 01:19:50 PM
Just hung up from my call from John. I'm a paid deposit, optimistic, happy Larrivee Forum VI guitar orderer!
Me too!

Call finished, deposit made...bring on the waiting game!!!

Cheers,,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

Although I have decided not to buy, I just want to comment that I think the price quoted is really quite good for what you will be getting.
It is still a chunk of money, but isn't that close to the price of a stock Om-3 ?
For that you get a lot of custom features, premium woods, alternative bracing, unique frills and bragging rights. It will be one sexy guitar. I would venture it is a bargain and I wish I would do it, but I really want to build my own, and as a beginner, I really can't justify doing both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting for that call...    :wave :donut :donut2 :coffee
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

I made a typo in my forum username when I sent the email.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI