Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L-03 vs OM40  (Read 320 times)
morlll

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2021, 07:11:37 PM »

Good morning everyone

I am considering buying either an L-03 or OM40 - both with Sitka Spruce Top and Mahogany back & sides.

Please share your thoughts/opinions on these two models and differences etc - I know the bracing patterns are different.

Thanks a lot!

I have a 2005 L09. I like it better than my friends cedar topped OM. That might be the Cedar, either way I like mone better.
teh
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2021, 03:21:45 AM »

To the original poster, I hope you are still with us.

My first Larrivee was a flamed maple parlor and it led me to the L body which I think is Larrivee’s finest, most versatile design. I ordered a Custom LV03 12 string with a Mahogany top. It works well for fingerstyle and strumming and my son sometimes uses it for slide. It really works well with Reverend Gary Davis and Leo Kottke tunes. I chose this guitar over Martin, Taylor, Guild and Yamaha 12 string models. 15 years later, I opted to order a Forum VI 6 string  Model LSV.

I think the OM is a great choice too and even though I don’t own one, I have played quite a few. My Larrivees have generated several additional sales from my friends and acquaintances.

The wood selection and workmanship that go into Larrivee Guitars will stack up against anyone’s.

TEH

Larrivee Special Edition Parlor Flamed Maple
Larrivee LV-03 Custom 12 string w/ Mahogany Top 
Martin D-35 Shade Top
Martin OM-35 Sunburst
Martin 000-18 custom w/3 piece mahogany back, 12 fret slotted headstock
Martin Backpacker w/Nashville tuning
Oahu Square Neck
Alvarez Artist AD60SB
Kala Soprano Ukelele
Kala Baritone Ukelele
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up