RS-4 (2008) Setup and Maintenance

Started by egolsen, April 29, 2021, 02:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have RS-4 Ser #104104 - gold top (also, 2008 purchase) ... yes , sounds even better than it looks.  The neck is perfect "fit" with my hands.

Have you had problem with "scratchy pots"?  After cleaning - short lived fix.

Seems like a corrosion problem? Using a good cleaner (DeoxIT D5)

Also, what do you recommend for maintaining "setup" ... my 12th fret action has degraded to:  E-1 (0.062"), E-6 (0.042"), with Cleartone 10-46

EO

Make sure when your spaying out the pots that the cleaner seeps out,just spaying and twisting the pots just moves the junk to each side.Also it may take a few time's doing it.

The truss rod may need to be adjusted depending on were the guitar came from and were you are.

PM me your phone number as I may be able to help more.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

If cleaning doesn't work, replace them. The wiper in the pot can deteriorate, particularly if it's carbon. They'll sometimes work fine indefinitely, other times you might get issues after only a couple years.

To replace, find the value on the pot, or ask Larrivee for help. They can probably tell you the exact spec to buy. They're cheap. Tubes and More is a good place for replacement parts.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Thx for both inputs on remedies.  Found Pot spec and tech (here in CT) to replace.  Would enjoy chatting more about neck adjustments (which I have avoided).  1 860 729 1947