So how are we all doin

Started by unclrob, March 31, 2021, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorry to hear about your nerve damage, Rob. 

My body feels so much older then it is.My early life style has a lot to do with it.I still swear that I didn't have that much fun back then to make me feel 2013 years old....really.... :roll
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on April 17, 2021, 11:22:05 AM
My body feels so much older then it is.My early life style has a lot to do with it.I still swear that I didn't have that much fun back then to make me feel 2013 years old....really.... :roll
Choices we make in our youth - wish I'd known - wouldn't have treated this body like I was renting it - Gotta now make the most of it!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on April 17, 2021, 09:14:43 PM
Choices we make in our youth - wish I'd known - wouldn't have treated this body like I was renting it - Gotta now make the most of it!!

I had people I knew who didn't think I'd make past 30 :roll
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I am in WA state.  We just had another nursing home covid outbreak here in my town... of the 20 who are infected, 6 are fully vaccinated. 

Quote from: Queequeg on April 02, 2021, 05:34:54 AM
Oh yeah. It is not only statistically possible but they're seeing it play out now. You will recall that both Moderna and Pfizer testing showed they were both about 95% effective. Well, that leaves around 5% on the table; right?
It's like the 'reverse lottery ticket'. You know, statistically those tickets are losers, but in fact a few people hit the jackpot.

The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is investigating reports of people in the state who tested positive for COVID-19 more than two weeks after being fully vaccinated. Scientists call these "vaccine breakthrough" cases, which are expected with any vaccine.

Large-scale clinical studies found that COVID-19 vaccines reduced the risk of getting COVID-19 in vaccinated people by up to 95% compared to people that did not receive the vaccine. However, the vaccines are not 100% effective in preventing infection. This means a small percentage of fully vaccinated people can be expected to still get COVID-19. These are identified as breakthrough cases.

Out of one million fully vaccinated individuals in Washington state, epidemiologists report evidence of 102 breakthrough cases since February 1, 2021, which represents .01 percent of vaccinated people in Washington. Breakthrough cases have been identified in 18 counties. The majority of those in Washington state with confirmed vaccine breakthrough experienced only mild symptoms, if any. However, since February 1, eight people with vaccine breakthrough have been hospitalized. DOH is investigating two potential vaccine breakthrough cases where the patients died. Both patients were more than 80 years old and suffered underlying health issues. Further investigation will help to identify patterns among people who have COVID-19 after vaccination, such as if a virus variant may have caused the infection.
Hey Rob, as a former New Yorker you must remember those March and April days when the temperatures would bounce all over the place. But yeah, that's not supposed to happen quite so much in north Florida; right?
Foiled by statistics again!
Not to worry, Rob. In 30 days you'll be running that AC 24/7.
Enjoy!  :bgrin:
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Twenty-seven years ago, I would routinely say something about

Fixed number of heartbeats in a lifetime

Not willing to waste any of those running around in circles

If you're still thinking that way, check out Does exercise use up too many heartbeats?

Or skip that and consider "You don't die because you run out of heartbeats – you run out of heartbeats because you die."

My doctor tells me, I'm healthier today than I was twenty-seven years ago.  I attribute that to walking about 16.1 kilometres (10 miles) every day (coming up on two years now). Actually, he said that to me after I had been walking for a year.

Here's the view at one end of the path a couple of days ago.