SOLD: 12 string For Sale, LV-03-12

Started by Dale_I, March 09, 2021, 04:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOLD
Like the title says, Larrivee LV-03-12 for sale, 2006 Vancouver made - $ with shipping/insurance, firm. Will not ship without full coverage insurance.
I haven't listed it in Reverb/CraigsList/Facebook/Ebay....etc yet. I thought I would give you all first shot. Will lower the price if you can pick up in person.

Awesome 12-string I played at one time, but don't find myself picking up much these days. I'm wanting to move in a mahogany top 12-fret direction and haven't played the 12 string in a while. It's a shame to see it hang in the cabinet not being used. Time to fund a future purchase and move this one to it's next owner.

The good:
L body shape with a venetian cut away, 03 model features Sitka Spruce top with Mahogany back and sides. Maple Binding, Rosewood fretboard. Recently set-up with new strings. Plays like a dream and sounds big. Very nice silking across the top and no pick marks on the guard or guitar.

The bad:
I had a top crack professionally repaired by a local luthier who specializes in restoration. I'm not qualified to fix something like that. He said it wasn't bad and recommended NOT to cleat it and he glued it up. Worked great and I haven't had any issues with it. You can feel it with your finger, but it is difficult to tell by looking at it. There are some natural grain colorization that can look like a crack in the pictures, but I tried to identify them as well as show the repaired crack in the lights reflection in the pics.

There is a small spot on the underside of the guitar in the cut away area that looks like there might not have been enough finish applied. I've actually never seen it until I inspected it for sale. Again, pic included.

Last bad... the case. Looks like the binding glue came off the bottom binding and a section of the bottom material is starting to peel. Pics included. I have not tried to fix this since the case is operational and it hasn't bothered me. I'm sure a little glue and a new binding piece can be reattached. Otherwise, typical Larrivee hard case, does a good job at protecting a fine guitar.

PM me if you have any specific picture requests and I will try to get you what you need.
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass