All done working

Started by old folky, December 30, 2020, 08:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi everyone,

Just a line to say that tomorrow is my last day working and am going to join the retiree crew.  I hear tell that it's not a bad club to be in.  I just turned 62 and few weeks ago and have been at the same place of work for over 43 years.  I think that's about enough.  So have a few drinks on me (or doughnuts) :cheers
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos

Congratulations, O.F. !
You've certainly earned it.
Best wishes.
:cheers

:welcome: to the *Club*  :thumb
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Congratulations, and lucky you!!!

I'll turn 63 next week, but I'll be working for another 4 years likely. I don't mind, but I would be ready to retire anytime, if it were financially feasible for me.

:coffee :donut
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hi, old folky.

Congratulations. Give yourself time to adapt to the new way of life. Enjoy yourself.

Congrats and welcome to the club.  Been retired for a good number of years and I've got to say it's great when you have things to do.  Most day there's not quite enough time but since I'm on my own time, that works out just fine.  My wife retired early this year and is having a great retirement life.

Lots of time to play your Larrivee now    :thumbsup

Congrats making it!  Now live your life for you some.

Ed

Kudos! I hope that means you can put more miles your guitar(s)  :nana_guitar

:crying: I'm not allowed to retire until I'm 98 and my wfe finds me dead with my hand inside a guitar and my head resting on the top and thats not for another 35 years.

Congrtas on yours retirement. :cheers  :donut :donut :donut
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

With the same company since 19?  That's impressive in itself.  Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations, and here's to a long, healthy and happy next phase of life!!!  :cheers
My wife and I love retirement. I bought myself a Larrivee mandolin as a retirement present and play it pretty close to every day, and weekly in a committed trio of fellow retirees. keep movin' and don't let the rust settle in!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Thanks all.  It was a harder choice then I would have thought, but I think I'll figure it out and be just fine. :beer
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos

Forty-three years...wow! I'd say you've earned yourself one happy retirement! Stay healthy and good luck.

Good for you, congratulations!
I thought I would retire at 62, but I enjoy my job so much that I decided to stay till I can't do it. Turning 64 this year
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Congrats! I was fortunate enough to retire at 58 after almost 40 years in telecomm.  5 years now! Love it
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: broKen on January 01, 2021, 08:17:05 PM
Good for you, congratulations!
I thought I would retire at 62, but I enjoy my job so much that I decided to stay till I can't do it. Turning 64 this year
Older friend shared with me "its time when you HAVE enough and HAD enough".... still working on the HAD
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 02, 2021, 05:44:32 PM
Older friend shared with me "its time when you HAVE enough and HAD enough".... still working on the HAD

Same here. My wife would like me to quit but 24/7 with her is a bit frightening. Have had 4 days off now and was ready to get back two ago. My how things change  :whistling:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing