Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Tony Rice  (Read 137 times)
Queequeg
Admin

« on: December 28, 2020, 01:10:00 PM »

A true virtuoso and brilliant flat picker, Tony Rice died on Christmas Day at his home in North Carolina.
No cause of death was released but I know that he had been in declining health for several years.
Bluegrass, newgrass, spacegrass and/or Dawg music. He was the best.
His work with the David Grisman Quintet is unparalleled. I still listen to these recordings regularly.
He owned the legendary 1935 D28 #58957 with the original enlarged sound hole once owned by Clarence White.
He was 69 years old.
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 01:51:06 PM »

Another legend...

I’m not an afterlife kind of guy, but part of me wants to think there’s a heck of a jam going on somewhere.

Ed
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 03:54:34 PM »

A true virtuoso and brilliant flat picker, Tony Rice died on Christmas Day at his home in North Carolina.
No cause of death was released but I know that he had been in declining health for several years.
Bluegrass, newgrass, spacegrass and/or Dawg music. He was the best.
His work with the David Grisman Quintet is unparalleled. I still listen to these recordings regularly.
He owned the legendary 1935 D28 #58957 with the original enlarged sound hole once owned by Clarence White.
He was 69 years old.

well said, nothing to add from me other than complete agreement - what a special musician.
Manothemtns

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 07:25:47 PM »

I'm not a bluegrasser but after Mr. Rice's death I did my homework and watched a bunch of videos. What a brilliant guitarist!!! Now I know why SCGC offered him a signature model! Think I'll add one to my bucket list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: