Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a gig  (Read 207 times)
unclrob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2020, 05:49:37 AM »

Keith and Barefoot Rob will be doing a live gig for the Bradfortville Blues Club over face book Dec 26 from 9-10:30.Theres a way to donate too help keeping the club open.Check out Keith Renfroe facebook as theres a nice history of the club posted.I'll be using my NTM Lefty L10 koa.

A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 05:59:47 PM »

This one's for you then! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iT30f4KYvY
unclrob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 03:37:48 AM »

https://fb.watch/2F2T_T-Rrb/

I'm not sure if this will work but the above should be the link this some issue's but you'll get the jist.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks
unclrob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 04:04:08 AM »

I'd love get comments good,bad or whatever.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 04:53:44 AM »

Hi, Barefoot Rob.
I'd love get comments good,bad or whatever.

I hesitated and ultimately forgot to reply to your question above. Then I saw your post about your cave today.

I finally moved everyones crap that moved into the shed.A couple of years ago during a storm put a tree thru the club we're doing benifits for,well all the old gear got move to my shed,of coarse the wife and son started tossing stuff in it.So I tossed a bunch of stuff more the gear and now have an almost cleared space that's 16'x 18'.Was going to build walls bit wood is so pricey now that I'm going with Black out curtians for the walls.Got a small pa set up for rehearshal and putting the money together for a nice camera  and a laptop to record the two duo's I'm in and have some people who like to get video's done mostly acoustic acts so I'll be able to make some quid.Gene my lets play metal tune's on acoustic guitar is thinking hosting a facebook show.Good things may be on the way.I'll get someone to take pix and then I'll email them to you as I'm still user idiot to post them.

Let me focus on the sound (not the performance).

It sounds like it was recorded with a camera microphone or a tablet or a phone. I hear the sound of the room - too much. I wanted to hear the sound of the microphones and the instruments. This assumes you would put a microphone on the electric guitar cabinet too.

The same thinking applies to the cave. It's more work, but I expect you'll get better results if you use microphones for vocals and instruments without pickups, and the pickups for those that do. Run everything to a mixer, and connect the mixer to the video camera. I know it's more work, but it doesn't sound like the curtains are going to suffice for treating the room.

ST

unclrob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 06:09:19 AM »

It was videoed with a cell phone.I'd love to just mic the guitar and vocals at the club but I'm not in charge.Th electric players amp was mic'ed but he was holding back and not in his element.

The cave has a nice sound now without the curtiains .Thanks for the tips all are welcomed,I've got lots to learn.There is some carpet on the walls and floor,the top will be left open to wood and beams.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: