Larrivee players you know who aren't Larrivee Forum members

Started by Mikeymac, December 12, 2020, 05:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you know any Larrivee players that aren't members around here?

There's a very talented female singer/performer/worship leader in my area who plays a 15+year old well-worn Larrivee D-03R. She's put a lot of honest wear on it over the years (the soundhole is getting that "Clarence White/Tony Rice" look to it), and in her hands, the guitar sounds incredible. She has a nice style accompanying herself with walking bass lines and fingerstyle over chords; fits with her strong alto singing voice very well.

She had played recently at two funerals I've officiated, which made me think about posting this. She isn't likely to join up here (busy raising kids and doing her thing), she just knows she likes the guitar and it "works" for her. It is indeed her workhorse.

Anyone else know a Larrivee player who doesn't hang out here?

Here's one of her "gospel" tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2SF_WrBuo

Here's a nice cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szVZJaKxcYE

What the heck, one more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT2h_Tpib2s

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Yes. My best friend and musical partner. He will never join. He doesn't Fabook either.  :cheers

One of my duo partners plays an L01 I got him.He's just not into forum's.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

This is one of the very few things that I am a member of. I'm just not much of a joiner.
I'm not a member of any political party, fraternity, or church. I don't belong to The Boy Scouts, chess club, yacht club or armed militia.
My name does not appear on the roster of the newspaper guild, the Teamsters, Iron Workers or the John Birch Society.

Quote from: Queequeg on December 13, 2020, 01:50:54 PM
This is one of the very few things that I am a member of. I'm just not much of a joiner.
I'm not a member of any political party, fraternity, or church. I don't belong to The Boy Scouts, chess club, yacht club or armed militia.
My name does not appear on the roster of the newspaper guild, the Teamsters, Iron Workers or the John Birch Society.

^^^^^     :thumb

In my area (Vancouver, BC), there are lots of Larrivée players. Before the 03 series, you could drop in at least half a dozen guitar stores around town, walk in and play a Larrivée.  Many of them had Florentine cutaways. Many had beautiful human and animal inlays. In those days, people aspired to own a C10 with a headstock inlay.

There are a couple of venues that (used to) host open mics every week. You could count on seeing at least two or three Larrivées at these events.

Over the years, I can think of at least five people with whom I played regularly who owned Larrivées. To my knowledge, they have little or no online presence.

I don't see the acoustic crowd much anymore.

The only other Larrivee owner I know lives in my house (my son).  He has one because he wanted his own guitar and I knew there was only one brand I wanted him to have.  He's 20 and too cool for forums.
  :laughin:

None of the Larrivee owners I've met have mentioned the forum. In fact, few people I know go to online forums other than when they're researching.
That said, 95% of my customer base are people who hear about me on forums so I've no doubt the power and reach of online forums. My friends just don't use them.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Yeah, I see LOTS of Larrivee owners (esp. new Larrivee owners) posting on Facebook, but don't see many of them end up here - too bad. This place could use an infusion of new blood / members (nothing against us old farts!).
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992