Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guitar Center Files for Bankruptcy  (Read 328 times)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »

Good post to you as well.  I love small business and support local shops where I live when I can.  I hardly ever buy instruments so I'm not much help to anyone there.  The other day I was in a local shop and the guy had a ton of nice acoustics on the wall, many Larrivees.  We started chewing the fat about music and found lots of common ground, so he started handing me guitars to try.  I played some stuff that I'd only ever seen in magazines and online.  It was a blast.  I didn't buy one, but I did buy a t-shirt and some stings from him for letting me have fun for a couple hours.  To me this is common sense and common courtesy.  This particular shop has been around since the 70s and hasn't been shut down by GC.

Right on. If I try something, I never leave the store without buying at least a set of strings. Can always use them. 
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 04:11:20 AM »

GC here in Colorado Springs has always done right by me. Latest: bought a used Gretsch Rat Rod from GC online. Came with a roller bridge that one of the rollers would “ping” when applying fretting hand vibrato.  Local GC replaced it with a standard Gretsch bridge no charge. Just the latest in a long string of good customer service.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud
Jamolay

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 05:10:21 PM »

If you read the OP article, it is clear they have no intention of going out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: