App's

Started by unclrob, October 28, 2020, 10:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OK another silly thing to deal with.

To start off I have a cell phone I don't text or do I have app's.......its a phone.....Anyway my wife and son do.My wife has 27 assorted app's and does a lot of game's and watching weird stuff on her phone.My son has 47 app's mostly Japaness cartoons.

SOOOO the question is whats on your phone. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I added a metronome, a decibel meter, a weather app called Dark Sky, a level and a Peterson strobe tuner.
But I also use the baked-in camera, calculator and compass.
I resisted texting for years but finally caved. If I didn't text I wouldn't hear from my kids much at all.

Looks like I'm a lot like Queequeg when it comes to using my phone. I resisted having more than a flip phone for years but finally got a smart one. Texting with my kids. Camera. As for apps, I have a tuner and metronome, guitar scales, guitar chords, voice recorder, Sirius Radio, Amazon Music among others. :cheers    

I play sudoku and a few other brain challenges
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

I have no guitar-related apps, but I really do enjoy my iPhone for taking and editing photos.  I'd wanted to get into photography for years but know nothing about the equipment, where to begin, etc.—not to mention the pricetag.  The iPhone is perfect for someone like me who likes taking photos for fun.  I also use my phone a lot for listening to audiobooks and podcasts while I work, and the streaming music services are wonderful too.  Just think, the entire world of recorded music at one's fingertips.  

Interesting post, as I just got a new phone this week (my 4 year old phone would no longer stay charged at all).

The first thing I did was delete about a dozen apps, half of which were games, a few of which take up a lot of "space". The only game I left on was old fashioned Solitaire, which I haven't played in years (on my other computers), so it was fun to try it again.

Other apps I use a lot are the typical: e-mail, Facebook (and Messenger to talk with family and a few friends), YouTube, Kindle (I have a separate Kindle; it's nice to be able to pull up my books on my phone). Also Marco Polo, a calendar, a calculator and, of course, the camera.

No guitar apps yet - I should download a tuner and a metronome! Recommendations?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I can barely see my 42" tv let alone hear it sometime's but those little screens drive me nuts.I have pretty good timing,I have tuners for each of my 3 guitars that I gig with I do play spider solitaire on my pc while wear 350 magna glass's.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I'm with you Unclrob. I have a nice smartphone but barely use it. Without question, the app I use the most is the GPS navigation when driving. I don't miss reading maps with the dome light...

On a guitar related note:

I have a couple of guitar amps that use apps for remote control.
Yamaha THRII 30 Wireless
Positive Grid Spark

The Spark app also plays backing tracks from various sources. The app analyzes the backing track and displays the chords in real-time while the music is playing. Great fun.

The apps will run on IOS or Android - phones and tablets.

I have two more amps enroute that have built-in mixers. The mixers are controlled by the L1 Mix app.

The future in the palm of your hand.