Deader Than ...

Started by ducktrapper, September 28, 2020, 02:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

... a disco on Sunday morning.

Depended on the time of day/night,I played in a dance band that ended at 3am Sunday morning. :wave

..............me ever playing brown eyed girl again!!!!!!
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on September 28, 2020, 04:29:28 PM
Depended on the time of day/night,I played in a dance band that ended at 3am Sunday morning. :wave

..............me ever playing brown eyed girl again!!!!!!

I don't call 3 A.M. morning if I'm still up. "Hey where did we go?"  :laughin:    :cheers

Sadly, I don't do 3:00 a.m. anymore... even when I have an evening when wifey is gone and I can play late or read or whatever, I'm bleary-eyed by 1:00 at the latest!

I don't mind... but I used to pull "all-nighters" in college when working on art projects, etc. Had a roommate that introduced me to Mountain Dew and No-Doze...

But - if you're commenting on the state of the forum - Yes, it's too quiet around here. But I'm guilty on that count as much as everyone else.

I'm still playing my Larrivee's regularly, am waiting on a Tommy E. signature guitar, and also want to get K&K's put in at least two of my current L's... just can't seem to get them to someone to do the work. I've thought about installing one of them myself; it's sitting here in the box (for my L-05 custom, which is already drilled out for an end pin jack), but I just haven't racheted up the courage yet!

Carry on...  :beer
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I've been playing more these days. Staying at my daughter's waiting for USCIS to allow me to enter the country and see my wife. The old LarrivĂ©e is my best friend. Learned Tennessee Stud finally after years of faking a version of it and I'm crawling through Black Mountain Rag. I caught my granddaughter's cold, as well. If it's COVID, it's not as bad as all that.  :laughin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_1axC-Q4kc   

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 01, 2020, 09:17:50 AM

I've been playing more these days. Staying at my daughter's waiting for USCIS to allow me to enter the country and see my wife. 

Refresh my memory - is she an American citizen? From Wisconsin? Or are you in Tennessee? I'm so confused!!!

(I may be back in Wisconsin again soon - my mom is in hospice in Neenah and not doing well...but her strong, 88 year old heart just won't give up yet!)

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 01, 2020, 10:01:56 AM
Refresh my memory - is she an American citizen? From Wisconsin? Or are you in Tennessee? I'm so confused!!!

(I may be back in Wisconsin again soon - my mom is in hospice in Neenah and not doing well...but her strong, 88 year old heart just won't give up yet!)

It's a long story I'd rather not go into here. Briefly, Helen is a resident of Wisconsin and I am a Canadian with a closed border and immigration problems and a USCIS working from home. Snails move faster. Sorry to hear about your mom. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 01, 2020, 10:59:05 AM
It's a long story I'd rather not go into here. Briefly, Helen is a resident of Wisconsin and I am a Canadian with a closed border and immigration problems and a USCIS working from home. Snails move faster. Sorry to hear about your mom. 

:thumbsup

That's what I thought. Somehow Tennessee got in there...

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 01, 2020, 01:17:22 PM
:thumbsup

That's what I thought. Somehow Tennessee got in there...

Nashville bound! "They're going to put me in the movies. They're going to make a big star outta me!"   :laughin:  :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 01, 2020, 01:31:20 PM
Nashville bound! "They're going to put me in the movies. They're going to make a big star outta me!"   :laughin:  :cheers

Run! Run for your sanity,  run like hell. Don't let it happen, although I doubt you would  :beer
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on October 02, 2020, 09:49:30 PM
Run! Run for your sanity,  run like hell. Don't let it happen, although I doubt you would  :beer

Sanity? I'd welcome fame and fortune but it's not likely at this point.  :laughin:

So damn dead.  Maybe some of our more outgoing members have moved on?  Congratulations, Mikeymac, on the weight loss.  You must be quite happy.   I just restrung the OM-03R and oh, so sweet.  I should be more regular with that.  It makes such a difference.

Quote from: ryler on October 03, 2020, 05:57:26 PM
So damn dead.  Maybe some of our more outgoing members have moved on?  Congratulations, Mikeymac, on the weight loss.  You must be quite happy.   I just restrung the OM-03R and oh, so sweet.  I should be more regular with that.  It makes such a difference.

I go through phases where I change my strings too often - by that I mean I just change them because I want to try something different, not because they're dead. I'm trying to back off on that and wear 'em out a little more.

No sense in wasting cents.  :bgrin:

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 05, 2020, 08:44:21 PM
I go through phases where I change my strings too often - by that I mean I just change them because I want to try something different, not because they're dead. I'm trying to back off on that and wear 'em out a little more.

No sense in wasting cents.  :bgrin:

Call me crazy but in all these years, I've never met a new string I didn't like. I know I annoy some people when I say it but when someone asks what kind of strings they should put on their guitar, I always say, "Six new ones."   :laughin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on October 06, 2020, 09:56:42 AM
Call me crazy but in all these years, I've never met a new string I didn't like. I know I annoy some people when I say it but when someone asks what kind of strings they should put on their guitar, I always say, "Six new ones."   :laughin:

DT recent quote:
"EJ-16's? Those are my favorite strings right now."
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on October 06, 2020, 08:49:08 PM
DT recent quote:
"EJ-16's? Those are my favorite strings right now."

So? What's this Jake Tapper at a press conference? What's your point? I still stand by what I said. I didn't say they were better or best just that I preferred them right now. Mostly because the EJ's are reasonably priced. I've also bought no name strings for a dollar at a store that was going out of business that were just fine.   :tongue:

EJ16's,,,best twang for the buck  :smile:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Not sure about everyone else, but I sometimes wish I could get strings without ever seeing the packaging (I know about bulk strings in plastic sleeves but that's also a form of packaging).  I find myself "judging a book by the cover" sometimes based on the packaging.  Some packaging is so off putting to me that I won't even buy the strings to try them.  Surely this is some odd personality trait of mine.

Quote from: Silence Dogood on October 08, 2020, 07:57:20 AM
Not sure about everyone else, but I sometimes wish I could get strings without ever seeing the packaging (I know about bulk strings in plastic sleeves but that's also a form of packaging).  I find myself "judging a book by the cover" sometimes based on the packaging.  Some packaging is so off putting to me that I won't even buy the strings to try them.  Surely this is some odd personality trait of mine.

Way back when, there was a time when even looping the strings became a questionable thing to do. Some maker, can't remember who, started shipping unlooped strings in long tubes. You bought them individually and tried to get them home without damage. It didn't catch on. Anyway, packaging is one of my bugaboos, as well. Don't you hate it when it takes tools to get something unwrapped? Why do eggs come in a comparably delicate package and batteries in something akin to Fort Knox?   :? :cheers

The egg and battery example is great and something I've never thought of!