Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Im tired of this darn covid virus  (Read 1570 times)
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2020, 11:45:05 PM »

Sadly, I believe professional sports have been permanently ruined by the political zeitgeist. This is sad because millions genuinely enjoy such events and seek them as a respite to the ugly realities of life.  I think of all the dad/son trips to the game when it was all about a beer and a hotdog and enjoying something innocent together.  That’s gone. I’m not sure where it all goes from here, but I believe the status quo has changed.

Millionaire athletes destroying the goose that laid their golden egg.  No one said you have to be smart to play ball.
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2020, 02:09:30 AM »

For those concerned about conspiracies, they need look no further than organized sports and monthly holidays - Aldous Huxley's Soma incarnate.

eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »

Lol...  praise be to the tireless moderators for keeping this thread non-political.

Ha ha ha ha.         
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2020, 03:31:00 PM »

Lol...  praise be to the tireless moderators for keeping this thread non-political.

Ha ha ha ha.         
I understand your point, and as a moderator here, I would admit to being conflicted on this topic.
But I see this pandemic as transcending politics. It is impacting all of our lives in a myriad of ways. Kids in school, families, and businesses, work-from-home and day care, income and health care, travel and entertainment, the music industry; you name it.
As a result, I have been less restrictive in this thread.
I have not discussed this with the other moderators here but my inclination is that as long as we keep it civil and it doesn’t devolve into name-calling or blatant political histrionics it is useful to allow folks to express yourselves and how this is affecting your lives.

gustavowoltmann

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2020, 04:32:29 AM »

well, There are other pressing questions besides, like when a coronavirus vaccine will be ready and how the start of flu season in the northern hemisphere could accelerate and complicate the COVID-19's spread. Read on for everything we know now. This story updates often and is intended to provide background information only, not medical advice.

UK based guitarist in a rock band
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2020, 03:01:32 PM »

well, There are other pressing questions besides, like when a coronavirus vaccine will be ready and how the start of flu season in the northern hemisphere could accelerate and complicate the COVID-19's spread. Read on for everything we know now. This story updates often and is intended to provide background information only, not medical advice.

Interesting, the (2 and only 2) threads you've commented on here. Not one single post about guitars...

...do you even OWN a Larrivee?

cop

All guitars are left-handed:

1979 L-19
1988 L-04 (04 = 09 with Flamed Maple b&s)
1992 OM-05
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: